Light-O-Rama Forums

Up grading

overeazy

I am currently running 288 channels with version 1.5. I have been getting the feeling that I need to update to the current version soon. Now working the pc is my weak point so how tough is this going to be? I take it more then just a simple download. Seems I remember seeing that I would also some how have to update my 18 boxes, that are the LOR1602W . I am going to be tearing my show down tomorrow so should I update all the controllers while they are still all attached to the pc or do I have to do them one at a time? I have LOR on my desktop pc and then a laptop that I run the show from that is not connected to the internet. Is that going to cause any problems? If someone could please give me a little guidance as to what I should do first and in what order so as to not screw anything up to bad I would really appreciate it.

Duane

Duane,

The software upgrade is pretty easy. You just need to be aware that by default the new version creates a folder under My Documents titled Light-O-Rama. It is in this folder that it creates the sequence and audio folders. This change was made when Vista came into being. So, you may have to relocate your audio and sequence files. I would suggest selecting the defaults and moving your files from the location of C:Program fileslightorama to the new location. I have read many posts this year regarding the location of files and the software working correctly.

As far as the controllers. You simply need to know what version of the board green or blue you have, and what addresses are which version. You can then download the controllers while connected on the LOR network. Be patient! I did my controllers during the season without any problems. The new firmware for the controllers give you 3 additional items. 1. allows you to use the LOR controllers in a DMX environments, they can interpret DMX commands. 2 Twinkle/fade 3. Shimmer/fade.

Chuck

Ok so I do each box individually then? Can they all be still daisy chained together or do they need to be unhooked first and then each box hooked up and done? I have both the blue and the green boards as got them different years. Will it tell me what upgrade is for each of the different ones?

thanks

Duane

ive been wondering the same thing...i updated my firmware all daisy chained together and 4 out of 5 controllers worked while my 1st controller didnt...it was seen in HWU BUT the lights wouldnt work at all on controller 1...so while i still have the controllers out, do they need to be done one at a time seperately or can it be done together (one at a time)...if either, why didnt controller one work when i did the update?

you have to load firmware individually.

Johnny, I would download again if you have not already remedied your problem of not controlling lights.

Duane,

I went out and made a not of what address was what version of the board. Then I went to the HWU and the firmware tab and selected one board at a time at the top and then selected the new firmware near the bottom. You can do the firmware upgrade while they are all connnected.

I believe Dan has stated, but cannot remember. That you cannot load the wrong firmware in a controller. But why take that chance....that is why I went out and made a note of my controllers. I have 5 each of the green and 5 each of the blue. But I did not know what addresses they were defined as.

NOTE: the new firmware comes with the upgrade to the software and is loaded on your computer when you install the newest version of the software.

Chuck

Thank-you, Since I am off tomorrow I will be doing it first thing and will let you know how I come out.

Duane