Light-O-Rama Forums

sequence editor

Dave Wilkinson

This may be a dumb question, as I am new to this...so here goes.

I have been programing my lights to a certain music selection, but would now like to remove an entire section of both the music and the animation. (shorten the whole piece). Is there anyway to remove the section and then butt end the rest of the piece to the first section.

Hmmm... doesn't sound too clear when I read it over.

OK... Three sections of programed music and animation. A B C

Would like to remove section B.

Can it be done without too much trouble or should I just redo the whole thing.

The piece is over 9 minutes long and one heck of a lot of work.

Thanks for any info.

dave w

I think it depends on how far along you are on programming the song.

There is not an "easy" way that I know of. I think you will have to use something like Audacity to cut out the "B" piece of the audio.

Then you may be able to copy and past some of the programming that you have already done into a new sequence using the shortened audio. The "easiest" way may be to copy and past your programming for "A" part of the audio then reprogram the rest.

Maybe someone knows of an easier way.

There is another option, but it's just as ugly as Paul's suggestion.

First you have to shorten the song. This needs to be done with an MP3 or Wave editor. Audacity is the go to application.

Instead of creating a new sequence with cut and paste, open your old sequence and the new edited audio file to it. Then cut out your section B, cut and paste your section C to the new location, then shorten your sequence (edit - change total time).

Both suggestions get you to the same place.

Just remember, it is a 2 step process. First shorten the song with Audacity, you can't cut the middle of a song with LOR that I have heard of. Then I would create the new seq. and copy and paste the sections of the seq to the new one. I would create the new sequence so I could go back to the original for reference during the copy paste over the the new seq.