Light-O-Rama Forums

One thing after another..

martymiller

OK, so at this point I have my show computer loaded with the newest version of LOR II. I'd written a small test sequence using the LOR demo. I'm now trying to play that sequence on my show computer. I wrote it on the laptop so I've burned a copy of it and the MP3 I used and transferred them to the show computer.

When I go to play the sequence it says "Cannot find media file: C: blahblahblah or the location of the file on my laptop. So I figured, well I'll just start a new musical file using the MP3 and copy over my work to it. When I go to start the new musical sequence and choose the MP3 it says:

Open Media File C:WINDOWSDesktopCeline Dion - So This is Christmas.mp3 This file exists with Read Only Attributes. Please use a different file name.

I've tried changing the file name and it won't accept any of my variations. The file will play in Windows Media Player which I just upgraded to version 9. Is this b/c I downloaded the file off of the net and didn't rip a purchased version (don't worry, I'll start buying the CD's I use to protect myself)?

I know the learning curve is a little steep when you get started with a project like this but man, it's getting steeper and steeper. Thanks for the help in advance....

Might be a silly question, but did you check to see if the Read Only attribute was turned on on the file? That might be the simplest solution - turn off the read only attribute.

D.T.

Simple solution to a very aggravating problem. Thank you for allowing me to see my first LOR sequence (albeit extremely basic) in real life. I think I may be hooked....

Marty

I see you are located in Misssouri City and I would like to let you know that we have growing group of Light Nuts in the Houston area with all levels of experience in all forms of Holiday decorating.

It's call Lone Star Holidays and we would like for you take a look at us and join us if you wish.....

http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/

Have A Great Day....

Johnny Poore wrote:

Marty

I see you are located in Misssouri City and I would like to let you know that we have growing group of Light Nuts in the Houston area with all levels of experience in all forms of Holiday decorating.

It's call Lone Star Holidays and we would like for you take a look at us and join us if you wish.....

http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/

Have A Great Day....

Where are you located?

Houston Texas

Missouri City is just ouside of Houston

Our group (Lone Star Holidays) has members in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and many other Texas cities....

We not only focus on Christmas lighting both static and LOR type, we also get into coro, trains, fireworks, inflatables, blowmolds, etc...

We also have members who go beyond Christmas and do some form of decorating for just about all of the holidays....:smile: