Light-O-Rama Forums

WIRE FRAME DESIGNS

Peter B

Hi All,

I hope you all had a great festive time!!!! I have done a search on Google for wire frame design/plans for Christmas sillouettes etc, that we can wrap strings or ropelight to but came back with nothing. Hopefully someone will be in the know and point me in the right direction, where I can purchase etc.

Thanking you all in advance,

Pete. :cool:

Many of us that build wire frames use children 's books for coloring for the intial ideas. These can be found on the web and pages printed. I will generally use several designs of the same subject-enlarge or reduce to match the scaling-then combine these on a light box to create the line drawing. After I have created the main drawing I them clear mylar to create animation positions for the arms etc. Some of my work can be view at:

Foghorn, the chicks and the donkey are air controlled for their main features. The pig in the tree is simple light channels controlling the action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PleGy65L91I&feature=related

By the way I only build the frames all the rest of the sequencing an set up was done by Gary in Spokane. I hope this helps and gets you started on a fun adventure.

Bill the second song really hits home doesn't it?!

Bill is right on the coloring books for patterns. I get a lot of mine from the internet. If there is something you want to do then go to Google images and type in the name of the item. Such as chipmunks and there will be tons of images. Select the one you want and then do what Bill said to do.

An inexpensive projector is the Tracer Jr. made by Artograph and can be purchased at most craft stores. Wait till you get a good coupon and then buy.

I have a larger roll of paper that tape to a wall, then project the image onto the paper and trace. Take the paper to my layout table and then bend and cut the pieces to fit. Then weld all of it together on the welding table.

You can do the same thing for coro projects with the projector.