Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm confused

Guest guest

When ordering a LOR1602W, I have a choice of 3 connectors (well there's four choices but I'm not counting wireless).

If I choose one of the USB connectors, then that's all I need to hook up to my computer's USB port, right? I don't also need the USB adapter shown on the accessories page, right?

Sorry to be too impatient to wade thru the documentation right now; I just want to get the goodies ordered, then study.

;)
thanks,
-jon

I assume your are ordering the 16 channel package with the LOR1602W. If you have a USB485 then you are set. Any of the packages or the starter package comes with all you need.

LightORama wrote:

I assume your are ordering the 16 channel package with the LOR1602W. If you have a USB485 then you are set. Any of the packages or the starter package comes with all you need.

Dan:

I just placed my order as well.

1. LOR1602MP3
  2. SPK-ST Generic Starter -- Paid $2 for the USB-USB485 connector thingy.

That's the right connector, correct?

Do I need a connector for the LOR1602MP3?

Also, I can't remember where I saw the thread, but somebody said that he was going to buy the LOR1602MP3, but the shipping charges were outrageous. My shipping came to $13.85 for standard UPS ground. That doesn't sound too outrageous to me.

Thanks! Can't wait to see and play with my new toy!

Paul

BvrBru1 wrote:

Also, I can't remember where I saw the thread, but somebody said that he was going to buy the LOR1602MP3, but the shipping charges were outrageous.
I think you are talking about a thread where a fellow from New Zealand was talking about shipping components rather than a completed box. A LOR1602WMP3 weighs in at over 18 pounds so shipping internationally is expensive.