Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16 comparison

tamale

I've never had a PC series card loose it's ID, and I have 9 at the house, and 31 at the city park show...

The next most important difference is the ability to run the CTB16D with out a PC or director, using animation sequences downloaded into the card itself. For most users that really is not a consideration...

I'd comment on spade lug vs screw terminals, but I take it you noticed that as part of layout...

Yes I noticed the connection. If it's in a box and the wires are secure, I'm not too worried about that. Crimping connectors on my own wire is no big issue.

I purchased my first controller this month and got the CTB16KD.

I understand if I run it standalone that it can run additional controllers down the line? Not a big issue since I'll mostly be running from a PC.

Just getting started, I'm looking at where I can save $$ depending on what features or work I have to sacrifice.

Thanks,
Tom

Yes, any deluxe controller can send commands out to itself, and any other LOR controller. I am aware of a couple of 600 channel plus installations that use PC controllers, and one that uses 1602's, and I am not aware of any limitations that the PC series shows are encountering..