Light-O-Rama Forums

Midi Bug

Dinosang

I have been trying to do some midi songs and noticed that the all off command is not given when I stop the song so the notes that are playing stay on. I have to hit the panic switch on my keyboard to initiate the all off command. This does not happen if you are using the built in software synth in Windows only on hardware keyboards using the midi interface? I am using an external Keyboard from Roland.

• 4 weeks later...

bob wrote:

I'm sorry, I think I'm not clear on what you're doing: Are you somehow using your MIDI keyboard with LOR?

Yes I am using a midi keyboard and a separate midi module with LOR instead of the internal software generated synthesizer.

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about MIDI, so I'm still not really sure what's being said here.

Is the keyboard being used as output or something? That is, you have your keyboard set up to receive MIDI commands from your PC, then you take a MIDI song that's on your PC, make a sequence out of it, play the sequence in LOR, and sound comes out from your keyboard's speaker, or something like that?

As opposed to striking keys on your keyboard to generate a MIDI file on your PC?

bob wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about MIDI, so I'm still not really sure what's being said here.

Is the keyboard being used as output or something? That is, you have your keyboard set up to receive MIDI commands from your PC, then you take a MIDI song that's on your PC, make a sequence out of it, play the sequence in LOR, and sound comes out from your keyboard's speaker, or something like that?

As opposed to striking keys on your keyboard to generate a MIDI file on your PC?

Yes you got it.

bob wrote:

Does it work correctly if you let the song play to its natural completion, as opposed to manually stopping it?

Yes it does because the notes would have gotten their off command from the file but since I stop the sequence while editing and the notes are in the on position the notes keep playing because LOR does not send the all off command it just interrupts the file playback leaving the instruments waiting for the rest of the commands.

OK, I think we can fix this. However, I'm not entirely sure how I can test the fix, so I'm wondering if you would please be willing to help me out with doing so. Basically, I would send you a new version of software, and you try it out and let me know whether it worked or not.

If you're willing to do this, please send me an email (bob@lightorama.com). If not, no problem, I understand. Thanks for the bug report in either case.

Incidentally, can you please confirm or deny this suspicion of mine:

This happens if and only if you've used the MIDI Wizard on the sequence in question.

Thanks again.