Light-O-Rama Forums

Shimmer After Show

joe

I have four controllers. Unit #1 is the end unit on the network cable. It controls standard 100 set mini strings. Sequences, shows and the schedule all work great on S2 with Win. XP. The morning after a show I have noticed channels shimmering on Unit 1 controller, only. I can disable then enable the show to stop the shimmer, but I would prefer it didn't happen. Has anyone had this problem?

Joe

Joe, I have noticed something similar. When I first boot my PC in the morning, sometimes a few of the channels would turn on when I opened up the LOR control panel. Sometimes they would turn off after a few minutes, and sometimes they would not turn off until I opened the hardware utility. It was not a huge problem for me but I did think it a little odd. Must be some kind of glitch. It was not always the same channels either.

Corey

Joe,

If you're using one of the newest versions released after the '08 season started, there is a possibility that you are having the same issue I had. The newest versions allow you to determine what happens with the lights between sequences (in the show editor). By default (I believe) it is set to leave the lights on for more seamless shows. Well, I had done this, and found that I had lights still on in the morning and it occurred to me that lights were left on after the last sequence played. I created a blank 10 second sequence containing all my channels and set it as the shutdown sequence and never had any more trouble. I realize you had channels shimmering, but I would give this a try, if nothing else, its a good cleanup sequence just in case.