Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't upgrade

sniggle

Hi,

I was getting ready to start making my first sequence. I saw that there is an upgrade to S2 available. The upgrade worked on my laptop but will not run on my desktop. When I try to do the upgrade I get the following message

C:Documents and Settings|TimLocal SettingsTempory Internet FilesContent.IE5E258EYSELORUpgrade-2.1.6[1].exe is not a valid Win32 Application

I am running windows XP Home with service pack 3 and Internet explorer 6.0.2
I even tried to shut off my internet security (Avast). I made sure LOR was not running in my system tray and the serial port adaptor is unplugged. I did run LOR once prior to my attempt to upgrade.

I sent in a support request but being it's the weekend I probably won't hear back for a few days so I figured I might try posting my problem here.

Any suggestions?

I appreciate all of your help.

Thank you!

Nope, it was a fresh instal. I loaded the program v.1.6.9 from the disk that came with my controllers. Then I went to the LOR site and tried to upgrade. I tried both saving the .exe file to my machine and also running it from the LOR site. Neither works and I get the same message. The same process worked fine on my laptop so it must be something with the desktop itself.

The desktop was just wiped clean and XP re-installed. I have read that it may be some sort of registry issue. I guess I'll just keep digging and see what I can come up with.

Scott

Well that fixed it. I went to check what version of WMP I had and realized since this had been a fresh install that I had never used WMP yet and it's install was not complete. Once I opend the program and finished the install the download worked properly and I am now up and running.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Scott