Light-O-Rama Forums

Ok...I give up! Not meant to be.

David Barnett

As in another thread, I had posted my friustrations on a sequence and song.

I cannot get this one sequence to play on the Mp3 director.

Over 100+ views, 1 response, so I'm figuring no one else has a clue either. :D

So, agian step by step here is what I did to the sequence.

1. I followed the thread on how to get jsut a sequence setup with the timing marks intact.

2. I then imported my channel setup, deleted all unnecessary channels.

I had difficulty deleting 1 channel, then I noticed it was actually in another track. So, I del. that track(20 then was able to del the Channel in track 1.

3. So now I had my 22 channels blank sheet except timing stuff. I then used copyy and paste from the original sequence to this blank sheet. Rather than jsut do a full select all, I selcted individual rows just to mske sure I had everything correct.

4. I then took my MP3 I d/l from Amazon, renamed it to O_Holy_Night_Jewel. Rand it through AUDACITY(ie MP3 export). then associated the MP3 media file with my Sequence.

Plays perfectly through the editor and Holiday lights designer.

5. i then quick formated the Lexmark SD card to ensure no lingering stuff.

6. Opened Hardware Utility, Selected plays when powered selection, for testing purposes. Added jsut the one O-Holy_Night sequence.

7. It indicates it was copied to the SD card. Did notice the time left bar never goes completely to the end, but the info. sign does come up staing show copied.

8 I then place the SD card into the MP3 show director, it reads the card OK, I then Noticed the Both R and C blink on together, then as R is going out it will do a real quick double flash. (can't find any info. regarding that, in manual).

9. The show will NOT play. just get static on the FM transmitter.

10. I Give Up! Maybe next year. Will try and get to the Light O Rama folks maybe next year sometime.

Hope everyone had a Blessed Christmas, and a Prosperous New Year.

signed,

defeated,frustrated, :(

David

Did you look at the card to see if the track was added? I had a problem when I first got my MP3 where the card was defective. After tearing my hair out and burning emails to tech support, we determined that it was a fluke. When I replaced the card, all was well.

start with what william said, but when you copied and pasted. and it was a blank sheet. did you have your channels configured on that sheet? or did you know you need to assain each channels to a unit on every sequence. If you make a sheet and assigned each channel, than export it. than when you start a new sequence on a blank sheet you import it. did you do any of that?

Hi David,
It is sounding like the problem might be the audio file. When you saved coverted it to mp3, did you use 128K bits ar "Constant" bit rate? Try using another program to convert it again.

As a quick test, how about replacing the song file on the SD card with a song that you know already works in your show director. Yes, I now the song won't match the sequence, but if you put it on the SD card, then run the show, you should be able to determine if the problem is the song or the sequence.

By the way, I have a couple off topic suggestions.
1. Post to your original threads in the future. Starting a new thread about the same problem you had in the other thread will likely yield fewer responses because readers have to go find your other thread. Most people aren't going to take the time. It also generates unnecessary new threads.

2. Part of the reason for low responses (you mention 100+ views and 1 response) might be your topics. I noticed your subjects are vague ("I give up"). I don't generally even read such subjects because it is too time consuming to read all the vague topics and figure out if I can help anyone or not. If the subject would have read something like "Sequence not playing in show director", it would have gotten my attention in your original thread posting.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys, ythanks for all the input. yes, richard..that was wrong of me to start another thread..my apologies. Frustration was really strong.

I have done ALL that you folks have suggested. Audacity was 128 constant bit rate etc.

In the future, i'll post one thread; and try and be more descriptive. Perhps bad d/l of the jewel song.

SD card is FAT, not NTFS. I'll double check all your suggestion Evana.

Again, apologies for extra thread. Thanks agin everyone.

Best,

David

Yo David, no appologies needed, but thanks. Just trying to help your future posts to get more responses.

To reitterate again, please try replacing the audio file on your SD card with another sound file and give it the same name. If the show starts working, then you need to focus on your sound file as being the source of the problem.

If it still doesn't work, then it can be your sequence or the build of the show. You might try re-attaching the sound file to the sequence.

Thank You Richard. Well, I have already done all that you suggest. Still no go.

I'll just use my 8 songs this year. Perhaps i can find the source of the error for next year. Also, i'll have more time to make the sequence even better, I hope.

Best,

David

I noticed you said you are using a LEXMARK sd card. I found in my lor1602mp3 unit you can only use Lexar sd cards. i have tried other brands and they load the music/programing ok but won't play when put into the mp3 player. I am also usinf audacity and exporting just like you did.

Guest wbottomley

David... check you email.

Problem solved.

Device type, unit and channel ID still need to be set.

Once you do, you'll be singing away. :shock:

EDIT: forgot to add... the mp3 file was rather large so i re-encoded it and brought the size down.

Guest wbottomley

I think we have the problem solved.

The channels were assigned on the right sequence. I think it had to do with the audio file.

I opened the lms file with wordpad and check all of the settings and they looked good. Using the re-encoded audio file again, it began to work.

Not sure if it was a problem with the sequence, audio file and director card.

After 4+years experience, it had me scratching my head.

Thanks to William I'm looking a beautiful O Holy Night sequence(at least to me anyway :))

Thanks to all for your valuable assistance and ideas. Well first year as a newbie is almost over. I know I'll have a lot of questions for next year...so stand by. :D

Happy New Year Everyone.

Best,

David

Try this info
The FAT system is a 16-bit system that allows files to be identified by a name consisting of up to 8 characters and a 3 character extension, which is why this system is called FAT16.

O_Holy.mp3, let_it.mp3, song03.mp3 and on

something on the sequence
O_Holy.las, Let_it.las, Show_03.las, and on

updated info

Jerry Plak

Make sure your using the LAME encoder ... using Audacity doesn't aways mean your using the LAME encoder. I know Dan said you have to recode the amazon files using LAME.