Light-O-Rama Forums

Santa is a hit

pixeldigger

For anyone that has never been Santa.

I took Robin's advice, and bought the Santa suit.
Santa appeared at our show on the weekends, and then Monday and Tuesday of this week. As word spread, the crowds of kids waiting to see Santa grew each night.
Its hard to explain the joy that Santa feels when he see's the little ones faces light up.
I realized quickly that for many of these little ones, this was one of the biggest days in their young lives. Many were happy to see Santa, many were excited to see Santa, some were a little SCARED to see Santa, but the ones that struck me most were the ones that were in AWE to see Santa. It's an awesome responsibility. Most of these these kids only truly BELIEVE for a few short years. You have only those few chances to really reach them and make a life-long Christmas memory.
If you decide to have Santa at your display, I will offer these warnings.
It will disrupt traffic, as people get out of their cars to come see you.
Once word gets out, there MUST be a Santa there when scheduled, or there will be disappointed children.
Mrs Claus can warm the hearts of 90% of the tiny ones that are scared of Santa, and can help Santa out when remembering names!

SantaCrowd8x6.jpg

Great job Pixeldigger!!

I did it for the first time last year and it was one of the best things for me personally. This year I looked forward to it just as much and it was just as rewarding.

One of the things that has always bothered me about the "Mall Santas" is that they charge for the pictures. This eliminates a lot of poorer families. We encourage parents to bring their cameras and take pictures. If the child does not want to sit on Santa's lap then a parent holds the child and Santa stands up beside them.

While I do not encourage this we have taken pictures for those who forgot their camera or their batteries are died. My daughter writes a description of the child and we emailed them the pic.

If anyone else decides to do this just remember, to a lot of these kids Santa and your display are the ONLY thing they have to look forward to during Christmas. Treat each and every one of them like they are the most important person in the world, because they are.

Welcome Santa Pixel!

Excellent job guys. I haven't played santa in a few years but the feeling you get when a child looks at you with amazement is unbeatable, great addition to the display