Light-O-Rama Forums

Don't like the new open sequence window ... want classic mode back

taybrynn

At first, I was impressed with the new, better-looking sequence open window.

But now I miss the ability to sort by date, wildcard for certain sequence names only ...

An as such, I now find myself hating the new 'Open Sequence' window because it's to AOL-d (dumbed down) for me and I just want the old (typical windows XP) functionality back.

Is there a way to toggle legacy mode and just open sequences the old fashioned way (skipping this new window) ?

I really just want to see stuff like "Modified Date" and to be able to enter something like "*102ch*.lms" and the window and then see only files that match that mask. In the new open sequence window ... it's making it harder, when I'm sure the intent was to make things easier.

My other critique would be that the preferences is not in an easy to use format. It would be nice to see all the preferences come up in a tabbed format, which I could flip between stuff more easily ... and not have to re-navigate from the menu each time, when searching for the correct preference.

Thanks,
Scott

I’m still using 2.0.16. But I looked at the open dialog in the 2.1.6 help file. I have to agree that loss of the standard Windows functionality in the open dialog will bother me.

Yeah, Richard Hamilton complained about this the first day of the release.

I have to agree with all. While the new interface looks slick, it's not as easy to navigate around.

The new window only offers 1 view and is not resizable. So certain information can't be viewed.

Well I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me to where I kinda of like it. I don't really need to see what was updated when and last. But it was faster to get to other files the other way.

It looks like the biggest complaint about it is you can not see when a sequence was last updated or search and so on. So instead of just reverting back, maybe you can just add the features into the current upgraded one?

• 6 months later...
Ok... ;) So... ;) Will it be an option someday?

"Toggle to legacy mode" is not present, but I believe that most of the actual issues have been addressed. The following changes were made to the New and Open dialog in version 2.3.4:

• In previous versions, the dialog was a fixed size, which could not be changed. It can now be resized or maximized, and will remember its sizing and positioning even after the Sequence Editor is closed and restarted.
  • The dialog's Existing Sequence tab used to always show a list of folders and sequences in a single way. It now has an option to change the view, similarly to Windows Explorer. For example, if the "Details" view is selected, then in addition to file names, details such as file sizes and modification dates will be displayed. Clicking on a column header in the "Details" view will sort the files by that column; clicking on it again will sort in reverse order. The dialog will remember the selected view and sorting behavior even after the Sequence Editor is closed and restarted.

• The Existing Sequence tab now also has a "Search" box. If you type something into this box, only files with that somewhere in their name will be listed. Wildcard characters (*, ? and #) are supported in the search box.
  • The Standard Toolbar's "Open" button would previously always open the dialog to the "Existing Sequence" tab. It now instead opens it to whichever of "Existing Sequence" or "Recent Sequence" was most recently used.