Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing Tracks problem

Texan78

I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else. I am using 2.1.2 and I have tracks for certain elements in my display, I.E. mini trees, arches, mega tree etc. I have the timing for this tracks set to 0.05. When I do a section I will save and add some more and save and so on. Everything saves ok, but if I was to close S2 for the day and come back and open it a couple of days later I notice the timings for the track don't match up. It looks like it has following some other timings. Some of the marks are half shaded in and over the line of the timing. Also some channels are just missing elements I have added all together after I have saved. Is anyone else using 2.1.2 seeing this also?

I thought I would add some screen shots so you can see what I am talking about. They are zoomed in so you can see what I am talking about. As you can see it looks like the effects were done in another track because it does not fill the cell, but these were created within these tracks. It only happens after I have closed S2 and come back a day or two to work on it. I then have to go back and fix it all so they are filling the timing correctly.

Attached files 168329=9690-S2-1.bmp

Here is another just a second or two down from the other. Even though the timings are not matching with the effect, the effects between channel to channel still seem to be lining up.

Attached files 168330=9691-S2-2.bmp

Well Texan, I wasn't going to say anything about this just yet, but now that you brought it up, I have noticed some strange things like this also starting with version 2.

I'm thinking these things might be new bugs as a result of going to the XML format for sequence files (which I REALLY like this change), and probably hasn't gotten a mass amount of use yet to find bugs. I've noticed other little quirks like if I save a channel configuration and then load it back into another sequence, or even in the same sequence, I will get an error and then it injects wrong channel names or shifts channels down at some point.

I'm waiting until the Christmas season is over before sending my sample files to LOR support, but just thought I'd mention that these issues are not just happening to you.

If you look closely the timing in the track shown is not .05 seconds, but the timing of the patterns is .05 seconds.

This will happen when one track has a different timing than another track and you copy the second tracks channels to another track with different timing.

No this is not a bug in S2 just showing you how other channel timings in other tracks align to the full sequence.

Hmmm, in the case where I have the issues, I only have ONE track. I'm confident there is a bug in there somewhere. I've run across this toooooo omany times now.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

If you look closely the timing in the track shown is not .05 seconds, but the timing of the patterns is .05 seconds.

This will happen when one track has a different timing than another track and you copy the second tracks channels to another track with different timing.

No this is not a bug in S2 just showing you how other channel timings in other tracks align to the full sequence.

That is because as noted in my second post I zoomed in so you could clearly see the problem. The timing is 0.05 though.

I think you might be misunderstanding what I am saying. I understand that if you sequence one track that has lets say 0.05 and you switch to a track that has 0.10 that the effects are not going to fill the cell properly.

BUT, what I am saying is if I am working on a track and save it and close out S2 and come back a couple days later to work on it and open it up and go back to the same track that those effects were added to. Then the effects don't match the timings marks as shown above in the screen shots that were added when I saved it and closed it out days previously.

After looking and it further and more closely this is what I think it happening. I have one base track which is my beat and rhythm track that has all the channels. Then I have several over tracks for different elements of my display. I.E. mini trees, arches, mega-tree, wire frames, bushes, etc. All of those tracks are 0.05 with the exception of the base track which is ether tapped or beat wizard to the beat. If I don't add anything to the base track and just add them to the individual track that is set to timing 0.05 and save it, close it and open it a couple of days later. I am noticing it like it shows in the screen shot. If I scroll up to the base track all the effects are matching the timing marks of that track and not the track in which I added them too.

I don't know if this is a bug or user error, but that is what is happening.

I am using 2.1.6 and can zoom in and out and not change the cell timing or spacing.

You might want to upgrade to 2.1.6. You are two version behind.

Isn't that the point of zooming in is to make the cells bigger without changing the timing so you can see them easier? I see what you are saying as it looks like it is .25 but if I was to take a screen shot with them at 0.05 you will see it still does the same. So if the timings were changing when you zoomed in that is not suppose to be happening correct?

I haven't upgraded to 2.1.6 because 2.1.4+ just have bug releases that are not effecting me yet. When I upgraded to 2.1.2 it already changed a lot of my effects and channels with only one track like Richard was experiencing. One of my sequences is 15 mins long so it is a pain to have to go back and fix things. So I wasn't going to upgrade until the next major release.