Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Lockups

DavBro

Got some annoying lockups that occur during showtime. If I have the status window upen, the window will fail to refresh, and all controllers will start blinking. At this point, LOR is dead. I have to reboot to get things running again.

Happens during all three show files that I run. Here is my configuration:

• LOR 2.1.2
  • XP Service Pack 3 - All updates current
  • Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz
  • 4GB RAM
  • Machine built for this purpose and is not running anything else.

Any ideas? It is really disruptive to my show schedule and usually happens sometime during the night at least once.

DavBro

scottsgrfx wrote:

I would go to light o rama website and update to 2.1.6

Hopefully that cures your problems.

Scott

I agree. I'm running 2.1.6, leave the status window open, and experience no lockups - and I'm running less horsepower than your machine.

Mike M.

Was having the same problem! I went to Control panel, power options, power schemes. Turned system standby, turn off hard drive and turn off monitor to NEVER. That fixed the problem.

Eric

Upgraded the software, still locking up, actually did it now with no show running. I tried to unplug the USB adapter and indeed it came back. Does that mean the USB adapter driver has a problem? The driver is version 2.2.4.0, dated 6/27/07.

I checked the power scheme and all options are set to 'Never' already.

DavBro

Do as suggested with the power schemes and turn off all power save modes. If that does not fix it then it may very well be a USB lockup issue. In 99% of the cases a filtered USB cable will resolve the issue.