Light-O-Rama Forums

Delay between sequences in show

Bruce Wallick

Hi all,

I'm seeing anywhere from 5-12 seconds between sequences during my show. All goes black, no sound until next seq starts. I was hoping to use some short sequences of voiceovers between songs, but the delay is too long for a smooth flow.

Could this be related to my old, slow computer? What's your delay?

Thansk,

Bruce

Have you checked to see if it only happens on the first run through, but not subsequent plays since the show was updated, and the control panel launched?

Bruce Wallick wrote:

Hi all,

I'm seeing anywhere from 5-12 seconds between sequences during my show. All goes black, no sound until next seq starts. I was hoping to use some short sequences of voiceovers between songs, but the delay is too long for a smooth flow.

Could this be related to my old, slow computer? What's your delay?

Thansk,

Bruce

Bring you songs into audacity and check to see how long they are. Make sure the audio track is the same length as the lor file. I had 2 songs that had an extra 5 sec on the end. Even though i shortened it in lor it still played the whole audfio file. I broiught it into audacity and cut it to the same lenght and reimported into lor and all is good. It goes from one song to the next with no delay.

Thanks to all for your helpful replies. I'm a little buried right now, but will try each of them out once things get back to normal. Thanks again and happy new year!

Bruce