Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature: LED / Incandescent Channel Config

Randy

Given how the dimming characteristics can be different between LED strings and regular incandescent mini lights, would it be possible to add a new channel configuration feature in LOR2 that would allow a user to define particular channels to take on either LED characteristics or incandescent characteristics? Maybe a pulldown menu to make that choice when defining the controller and channel info?

What I've noticed with my LED strings is that the dimming occurs from 100% down to a certain point and then the light output drops off. I haven't measured it, but it's pretty clear that the LED strings have different fading and ramping characteristics...

Anyways, just wanted to ask a question to see if there might be some tailoring in S2 on the channel configuration page that might allow users some flexibility with the definition and performance of channels that have LEDs on them?

Thanks, Randy

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the link. I vaguely remember that thread, now that you point it out to me. I guess it must have been during my setup time, and things were a blur. There's definitely some great posts and ideas in that thread, so I hope that LOR can give some consideration to that request...I guess I'll just adopt the role of the squeaky wheel "me too" guy for this one, and hope that they can do something for an upcoming release....

Thanks, Randy

Randy, thanks for raising this one again. It would be handy to not have to compensate in the sequences themselves. I think something like a per channel intensity profile would be very useful. It would look and act kinda like a crt or printer color profile. Maybe it wouldn't even need a firmware change if the compensation happened on the controlling pc.

There could be a library of user created profiles, since different brands of led's don't behave quite the same.

Seeing how the two types of lamps behave now in my first year, just an "incandescent/led" button in the channel config would be beneficial.

Stuff for the wishlist.