Light-O-Rama Forums

Show editor 2.1.6

cmoore60

I like the new feature for leaving the lights (channels) on at the end of sequences. However, I have a question if that option can be added to the background tab.

I am basically running 2 shows a night. I start off with a show that I simply call 2008 and this is an animated sequence that plays repeatedly until it ends. In the background tab I have my Tune to sign and transmitter. At the 1/4 hour 2008 show ends and my 2008Musical show starts. Again with my tune to sign and transmitter in the background. When the shows change I see an off/on with the tune to sign and the transmitter. The transmitter takes about 30-40 seconds to do it's boot up.

After the 2008Musical show ends the 2008 show starts again. Again the sign and transmitter are turned off and back on.

Yes I know there are other ways I could have built my show. However, for me this seems pretty straightforward.

So can the option be added to the background tab, to leave the channels on at the end of the show? If I am missing something here, please let me know.

Chuck

There is an option in 2.1.6 that will keep the lights on. I am not sure if it will keep the lights on with a background section between shows but it does keep them on sequences in the musical and animation section between shows.

Dan

Assuming you aren't using the Animation tab for sequencial sequences, try turning the "tune to" sign and transmitter on in a sequence in the Animation tab. Make the sequence about a minute long with a loop that loops 15 times. Uncheck the "Turn lights off..." in the Animation tab.

This will get those channels completely out of the Background tab, eliminating the problem. The channels will stay on at the end of the show.

However, I have a question: Putting static channels in the Background tab causes the show player to send another "On" command whenever the sequence repeats. This makes sure the channel comes back on if the network cable is unplugged and restored during a show. The question is: Does an animation sequence with a loop accomplish the same thing? That is, in my suggestion above, if the cable were unplugged and then plugged back in, would the light turn back on in a minute or less?