Light-O-Rama Forums

done - as in - stick a fork in me

Dr. Jones

Major problems with 2.1.X - crashing my new vista machine ( bob ill send you a pm)

cant revert back to 2.0.16

and when i try and re-install 1.5 it cant find the .msi file

plus when i try and upgrade from my back up drive... a later version of LOR even though I uninstalled it

Therefore - it doesnt look like there will be a show this weekend.

Dr. Jones wrote:

Major problems with 2.1.X - crashing my new vista machine ( bob ill send you a pm)

plus when i try and upgrade from my back up drive... a later version of LOR even though I uninstalled it

Hey Doc, have you tried using the removal tool that clears out the LOR registry entries? I'd start there, then go back to ver 1.5 and upgrade to 2.0.16. It's things like this which have me never upgrading during a Christmas season no matter how tempting it is. I'm running 2.1.X on my test computer, but I dare not put it on my show computer until after the season.

Tried that too

still no luck - i am stuck at the 1.6.15 plateau -( i took the hdd from my old show computer and copied the files onto my sequencing unit)

still says there is a newer version already installed

looks like i will be re writing my sequences for 1.6.15

I am having nothing but problems with 2.x.x - with 2.0.16 - i cant get the show to play, even though the status tells me the show is playing, and i have communication to the controllers

Jeff - the show is running - one sequence anyways

just not perfect - there are some things that bug me - the wife says only I will know and just run the show even if it is having issues

And to add insult

The show did not play last night via the control panel - though it said the next show was scheduled at 6pm wed.

I, at this moment, am disapointed in 2.x.x - hopefully with Bob's help, we can figure out what the issues are, and we can address them

Dr. Jones,

I hate to hear that at this late date. I hope you captured your display on video so we can see it.

Charles

nope no video yet

most likely will do it in the new year when i am off again

hopefully we can get the issues resolved before then

Another problem i have encountered....

The sequence editor crashed on "loop at end" the song will continue to loop but the lights stop and the pc needs a hard reboot...

Dr. Jones wrote:

i just had a similar problem on my vista sequencing computer. i did a system restore.

and after i got an error that it was missing an .msi file, that was called the smartsound quicktracks

after some google help i found this link installed the update and it fixed my problem

here is the link http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html?product=pinnacle

i don't have anything installed from pinnacle but, this worked for me

hope it helps

bob