Light-O-Rama Forums

Do you keep a Spare LOR controller...

Guest guest

Does anyone keep a "Spare" LOR controller just in case one quits during your display ???

I mean if you own 20 controller's, do you use all 20 or do you keep one or two out and just in case there is a problem ???

I left one out as a spare last year.

Norm

That's the reason I "standardized" on a single model ... and, yes, I have one "spare" that I can swap in if needed. I haven't needed it, but I like the reassurance of having it "at the ready."

I never did before, but this year I'm going to have an extra 16 channel unit, just in case. Speaking from experience, there is nothing worse than people sitting in front of your house, expecting lights, and getting total darkness.

Bill Hoffman wrote:

I never did before, but this year I'm going to have an extra 16 channel unit, just in case. Speaking from experience, there is nothing worse than people sitting in front of your house, expecting lights, and getting total darkness.

I think Marilyn can testify to that! She reported that people would pull up and shine their headlights on her yard last year after the meter burnt up!

Jeff
(I had an extra 8 channel and an extra 16 channel available in 2005)

I needed 2 more controllers to set up my display with just 3 spare channels. I ordered 3 16 channel kits, just so I would have an extra board if I need it. I can't wait to solder 'em up!!! Friends and family keep bringing things to me for the disply, so it'll probably get added to the show by November/December anyway.

jeff