Light-O-Rama Forums

Now everything isn't working

wildredhead

Here is what I know

I put a Serial PCI express card in my computer, but since it is an older card, I went to the company's website and downloaded the correct drivers. I checked the device manager and It lists the serial port under com 4 and that it is working properly. The only problem is LOR can't find it and says there is a problem "Error 8015" . Everything worked earlier but It seems that I am having on/off performance. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. :X I was going to make a musical sequence ( Iknow its late but I had school). But nothing Works!!!!

Any suggestions? Should I just run it off a USB serial adapter? If so which one should I get? And can I get one from the store?

Personally, the USB stuff is newer these days and I prefer it over Serial cables only for the fact that my last couple computer that I have purchased do not have serial port anymore.

Manuall set the speed for COM4 to 19.2 using the hardware manager or any of the drivers stuff that came with that card.

Then see if it will work with the Hardware Uility (which generally runs at 19.2). If so then you will need to change the speed of the Sequence Editor. To do that click Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences and set the LOR speed to the lowest level (longest range).

The 8015 error indicates that one of the options we are trying to set on that PCI card is not valid and it may be that we are not allowed to change the baud rate...

Dan

I still get the same error.

I went to the device in device manager and set it to 192000 ( however many zeroes), but and change the network settings to the longest range, but I still get the same stupid error. Its frusturating. Auto config stops at 3...30 and I need com 4. Plus I the device manager still says the device is working properly- I think its lying to me:(

Could it be because the card is older? Should I give up and try a serial adapter?

are there any other reasons this would be happening? Any potential solutions?

The auto configure is stopping at 3 because it cannot open com4 or com4 is not listed as a com port. If you see com4 in the manual select dropdown then it is listed as a port so it sees as if we cannot open it. You can check to see if there are any newer drivers for the card.

The settings for "setting up" the com port are hard coded and cannot be changed. If we cannot open it then it is incompatible with LOR and you will need to go with another solution.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I got my old computer back and switched the setup. I still have the same problem though- a blinking led. I even changed both fuses but still get the Blinkin light. Any troubleshooting tips anyone knows?

With this PC do you know which port is the LOR com port? When you do an auto configure does the system search for LOR on that port?

• 3 weeks later...