Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on sale - online only

CLD Kevin

Received email from http://www.1000bulbs.com which I sometimes buy my bulk lights for the house. Look like 30% off today only if you use the super secret code 87263 at checkout.

For a case of 25 RED 100ct mini (2500 lights) it is $143.12 minus 30% = $100.18. That is about $4ea string....not great, but no colors left that I can find for that after xmass sale. They have several colors. You dont get as good deal if you buy singles. It was $4.75 with the 30% as a single.

It doesnt seem like waiting after xmas is a good deal if there isnt anything left.

BTW...how much is the reg price for color lights at like HD or Lowes right when they put them out in November?

Hmmm...maybe stratch that. For 1 case of 25 red and 1 case of 25 green (5000 lights total), the shipping was $56. There was no tax. $265.61 total. That would be $5.31 for each string delievered.

I dont who much color strings cost at HD or Lowes at reg prices so I dont know if it worth it.

I bought a bunch of lights at Lowes on November 6th for $2.48 per box of 100 count mini's. By a bunch, I mean 144 boxes. I did the order online then went to the store 2 hours later, and they were all stacked up waiting for me. I would definitely do that again!

I saw a commercial the other night that said, "Box of 100 mini lights, on sale now at Ace Hardware for only $6.99! Hurry! Supplies are limited!" Yeah. That was funny.

I do think, however, that you get what you pay for. I saw the lights at 1000bulbs.com. The estimated lifespan of the lights in that deal are about 3 times what you would probably get from any of the cheap lights. It's just that you can buy the cheap lights about 4 times for the same money.