Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation not keep up with sequence

Texan78

First off I am using version 2.1.2 and the timings for these certain elements in the track are 0.05. S2 is not lagging at all.

What I am wondering is if any is noticing the animation doesn't keep up with the sequence if you have fast timings in some parts

I.E. I have a set of timings at 0.05 long that take up several rows. Then I have another set at 0.45 later that are 0.05 long. When I play it in the Sequence editor I notice some of them don't always play. This is with full on, so in order to get them to show I need to change them from 0.05 to 0.10. I also notice this when you do a fade from full on to off that span 0.10. It is very strange because sometimes it will show timings at 0.05 and some of them it doesn't. It is almost like the animation can not keep up.

I have even noticed on the left where the channels are where it flashes, it sometimes doesn't light up ether.

Like I said, the program is running fine, just the animation isn't keeping up which makes it hard to know if what I am sequencing looks right if it doesn't show up.

My computer is P4 3.0 GHz with gig of ram running XP Pro SP3 with about 800 GB of HD space. The video card is ATI Radeon that is 512 GB running a Viewsonic 19" widescreen HD LCD monitior with 5ms refresh rate.

I have also noticed this when using shimmers on timing that is 0.05. They just won't show at all in the animator.

Yea I can see what you mean about it being a resource junkie, but man, it isn't like I have a slow cheap computer.

Another thing I have noticed is they don't light up on the channels on the right. If they are .10 or more then will show up, but if they are 0.05 not a chance.

Are there any plans to upgrade the animator?

Texan78 wrote:

[snip]

Are there any plans to upgrade the animator?

Yes. The current animator is much less resource intesnive than earlier versions. The main reasion you do not see things flash is that the refresh rate set in the sequence editor is slower than your commands. So we will make a change to allow you to adjust the refresh rate so that on faster machines you can take advantage of the power.

Sweet! thanks Dan... It's not a major problem, but more like a annoyance since you can't tell if what you are doing looks right since it is not shown in the animator.

It doesn't lag or anything on my machine at all, it just seems like when you have fast chases or something in a row with a timing of 0.05 they don't always show.

Texan78 wrote:

Your animation shows every timing mark even if you have marks that are 0.05 and only spaced by 0.05? Shimmers, fades and everything show up when the timing is that fast?

I'm not sure if you meant that question for me, but if so the answer is no.

Push Eject wrote:

Texan78 wrote:
Your animation shows every timing mark even if you have marks that are 0.05 and only spaced by 0.05? Shimmers, fades and everything show up when the timing is that fast?

I'm not sure if you meant that question for me, but if so the answer is no.

Ah you had me worried and about to be ticked all at the same time...LoL

Yea, this is what we are talking about that happens.