Light-O-Rama Forums

Show/Schedule Help

Guest guest

Ok, All... need a little help here.

I want to set up a show and I'm having trouble working through the software/help files. Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have 5 musical sequences and I want to create a show that starts every half hour from 6PM to 10:30PM (6, 6:30, 7, etc.). The 5 sequences last about 20 minutes, total. I have a short animation sequence that I want to loop between the musical parts. All this will be controlled by a computer (for now...still thinking about adding a LOR1602WMP3). Additionally, I want to set it up so that it runs every night between Nov 25 and Dec 31. Can someone offer a little assistance with this? Obviously I have a lot of time before Christmas, but the above situation is just an example of what I will probably have to set up.

Thanks in advance! Hope everyone enjoyed the sale (my impatience cost me about 200 bucks...Oh well..live and learn!)

~K

Tom,

Here's what I'm visualizing (Time approx):

6:00P - 6:04P Music Seq #1

6:04P - 6:08P Music Seq #2

6:08P - 6:12P Music Seq #3

6:12P - 6:16P Music Seq #4

6:16P - 6:20P Music Seq #5

6:20P - 6:30P 2-minute Animated Seq looping until...

6:30P - ... Start over (This might end up being every hour, in which case the start times would be 6:00, 7:00, etc)

This would repeat until Music Seq #5 plays after 10:30PM. Am I making sense??

Thank you!

Yes Kaeleb,

You made sense. I use only the musical sequence for the whole animated show. I put them in order as to play until the end. If I want a particular sequence to end at the end of the 30 minute show, then I put that sequence at the end of that scheduled show.

According to LOR, "The musical and animation components are played concurrently, for as long as the show is scheduled."

But I'm not sure if that means that the program switches over from 5 musical seqs to 1 animated seq at the end of each showing.

Sorry if I wasn't much help. Not much help is mentioned about the your particular question that I could find.

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

According to LOR, "The musical and animation components are played concurrently, for as long as the show is scheduled."

But I'm not sure if that means that the program switches over from 5 musical seqs to 1 animated seq at the end of each showing.

Tom,

Thanks for the input! Any other LOR Pro's want to chime in?

just make a blank audio file in sound recorder for the length you want then your Animation sequence can become a "musical sequence" and be played in order with your other sequences

mattyjaco wrote:

just make a blank audio file in sound recorder for the length you want then your Animation sequence can become a "musical sequence" and be played in order with your other sequences
I believe that you can add animation seqeuces to the muical section.

LightORama wrote:

mattyjaco wrote:

Yes, you can. I did this last year.

You can add an animation sequence anywhere. Musical sequences, however, can ONLY go in the Musical section. Putting them elsewhere will yeild odd results. (Trust me ... I know.)

So...that being said...my music sequences last 20 minutes. Is there a way to loop a 2-minute animation for 40 minutes, then start the whole thing over again at the top of the hour?

Kaeleb wrote:

So...that being said...my music sequences last 20 minutes. Is there a way to loop a 2-minute animation for 40 minutes, then start the whole thing over again at the top of the hour?

Kaeleb

Just my thoughts, but a 2 minute loop running for 40 minutes? That's kinda long in between shows.

I thought your original post stated starting the show every 30 minutes. This would allow for a 2 minute looped to last 10 minutes.

Or am I off here?

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

I thought your original post stated starting the show every 30 minutes. This would allow for a 2 minute looped to last 10 minutes.

Tom,

You are correct. Is it possible to loop a short animation until the next scheduled "Music Show"? Or do I have to fill in an hour exactly (i.e 5 music bits to 20 minutes and a single 2 minute animation, looped for 10 minutes)..

~K

Kaeleb wrote:

Is it possible to loop a short animation until the next scheduled "Music Show"? Or do I have to fill in an hour exactly (i.e 5 music bits to 20 minutes and a single 2 minute animation, looped for 10 minutes)..

~K

Kaeleb,

I haven't done much with loops in sequencing but (I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night :laughing:). Seriously, I have read the help info about it. I don't see why you couldn't do the 2 minute sequence and make the whole 2 minute sequence loop itself 5 times to get close to 10 minutes. Then it would be a 2 minute sequence into a 10 minute one.

Did I confuse you? I think I did myself :].

Tom

Kaeleb wrote:

Is it possible to loop a short animation until the next scheduled "Music Show"? Or do I have to fill in an hour exactly (i.e 5 music bits to 20 minutes and a single 2 minute animation, looped for 10 minutes)..

~K

Kaeleb,

I just played around with a loop sequence.

It can only be an Animation Sequence, Not a Musical Sequence. I was just messing around and made a 2 minute sequence and looped it 4 times. This makes it a 10 minute animated sequence total. You can schedule your whole show to repeat itself thru-out the night until the time that you schedule it to stop.

Hope this helps,

Tom

LightORama wrote:

mattyjaco wrote:

oooops......... I wish I knew this last year, o well....you learn something new everyday here

Santas Helper wrote:

It can only be an Animation Sequence, Not a Musical Sequence. I was just messing around and made a 2 minute sequence and looped it 4 times. This makes it a 10 minute animated sequence total. You can schedule your whole show to repeat itself thru-out the night until the time that you schedule it to stop.

Hope this helps

Tom,

Yes..it helps, indeed. I'm getting a better idea of what I need to do. Thanks!

(BTW-I have Halloween ideas coming your way soon...had some problems I needed to work out first. I'm on track now!)

K