Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR in New Zealand

Guest guest

Hi, I am obviously a complete newbie

I have seen the FAQ's and a lot of the talk about LOR in 240V countries and from what I gather in my simple lil mind is

- if I get a LOR board I CAN run it on 240V and it appears all I will need to do is change the plug on the end iof the cables to run NZ/Australian style plugs, and change the jumper inisde the box. where abouts is the jumper on the LOR pictures?

What I need to know is

- if it is 240V in is it 240V out?

-do people normally run dedicated powerpoints direct from their electrical meter board?

-do LED strings work on 240V or would I need to get 240V LED transformers.

-how many controllers do they run per power point?

-who has bought 240V strings and who is a good place to buy from?

-I want one 16 channel Mp3 LOR board and enough lights to use all 16 channels, what sort of money will I need to outlay? (no blowmolds, animitronix etc)

-are there any NZers/Australians who have actually got a working LOR setup on 240V?

ChrisSmith wrote:

Hi, I am obviously a complete newbie

I have seen the FAQ's and a lot of the talk about LOR in 240V countries and from what I gather in my simple lil mind is

- if I get a LOR board I CAN run it on 240V and it appears all I will need to do is change the plug on the end iof the cables to run NZ/Australian style plugs, and change the jumper inisde the box. where abouts is the jumper on the LOR pictures?
I bought the hobby boards and connected 4 outlet power boards to each channel

What I need to know is

- if it is 240V in is it 240V out?
Yes

-do people normally run dedicated powerpoints direct from their electrical meter board?
No - I run from normal power points - just check total loading for circuit.

-do LED strings work on 240V or would I need to get 240V LED transformers.
Aussie LEDs come with their own transformers which can be connected to LOR outlets

-how many controllers do they run per power point?
Depends on total wattage of attached lights

-who has bought 240V strings and who is a good place to buy from?

-I want one 16 channel Mp3 LOR board and enough lights to use all 16 channels, what sort of money will I need to outlay? (no blowmolds, animitronix etc)

-are there any NZers/Australians who have actually got a working LOR setup on 240V?

For more info on Auusie LOR users see http://groups.google.com/group/Aussie-LOR-Users

Hope this helps - Regards Geoff Harvey