Light-O-Rama Forums

One controller has a mind of its own

CDNCA

I have 4 LOR160xW controllers. Controller 1 has all of its channels on shimmering throughout the sequences. It ignores the requests to be turned off.

I tried to reset by powering off, setting the id to 00 and turning on to a rapidly flashing LED. Then powered off and changed back to id 01.

Units are controlled by a PC in the house. Units are in the garage connected with a RS485 and Cat 5 cables.

If you delete the standalone from the hardware utility (and it works) then you are fine.

If you cannot delete it from the hardware utility then reset the controller. With the LOR160x, to reset it: Power off, Set the internal unit ID switches to "00", Power on for 3 seconds, Power off... Finally set your Unit ID switches back to the original value.

Dan

I reset the unit. This did not get rid of the problem.

I have set up a show to run when my main show is off. This show turns on all lights on all 4 controllers for 4 seconds and then turns them off for the remainder of the hour. My box 1 and 4 still come on and off during the time they should be all off.

When I disable the shows to turn on the hardware utility, box 4's lights turn off. Box 1 is not found on the refresh until I power cycle it.

I would reset all of the controllers. Now we see that more than one controller is doing what it should not be doing! The root cause may be any of the controlellers even those that do not seem to be involved with the problem.