Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequnce plays a couple of seconds, then shuts off.

Brandon Kibler

I have a sequnce that will play for the first couple of seconds, then shuts off. It runned fine the first night. This sequnce will play in the sequnce editor fine, but when it's playing in the show it will only play for the first few seconds of the song, then shuts off. Any ideas, as to why this is happening?

Thanks.

Are you using version 2.0.16?

If so, there's a bug where a sequence will play fine in the Sequence Editor, but in the Show Player won't play at all or gets cut off. The cause of it is having a channel that is set up to be device type "Light-O-Rama controller", but not set up to any particular unit ID.

If this is indeed the cause of the problem you're having, there are at least three different ways you could fix it:

(1) Change all such channels to device type "None", rather than "Light-O-Rama controller". Or:

(2) Change all such channels to have a unit ID. Or:

(3) Install the latest version of software, which doesn't have this bug.

bob wrote:

Are you using version 2.0.16?

If so, there's a bug where a sequence will play fine in the Sequence Editor, but in the Show Player won't play at all or gets cut off. The cause of it is having a channel that is set up to be device type "Light-O-Rama controller", but not set up to any particular unit ID.

If this is indeed the cause of the problem you're having, there are at least three different ways you could fix it:

(1) Change all such channels to device type "None", rather than "Light-O-Rama controller". Or:

(2) Change all such channels to have a unit ID. Or:

(3) Install the latest version of software, which doesn't have this bug.

Yes. I'm running version 2.0.16

What would be the best way to go? If, I install the latest version will it mess up my show or anything?