Light-O-Rama Forums

Question About the inputs

daniel

I am very excited about using the inputs on the controllers!

I have a PC controller and a 16d controller that both have the pin headers.

I have not had a chance to install this new update, so I am sorry for asking the obvious

1. How many inputs can I have? Two?
2. During a show, can I have three triggers lined up to run on of the three sequences? Or is it one at a time?
3. Is the reaction instant?
4. Say I have a sequence that is just all white lights on, on an input another sequence starts, when it is done will... a) The lights go off :P Go back to the sequence scheduled to play c) the triggered sequence repeats d) the lights freeze at the end of the triggered sequence.

Thanks for any pointers, and I can't wait to get home to try this out!

--Daniel L

multiple ways, you can have button and each time it is pressed it will start the next song in the que

or one song per button,

or jukebox style where multiple pushbuttons can be hooked up but the current song will keep playing until it is over

the pc series only has two inputs you have to use the bottom ground here is a link

Thanks guys for that link!

I think I can figure out the resistor thing, looks simple to hook up.

I have a couple more questions though...

1. I am going to be placing an order with http://www.allelectronics.com soon. Is there anything on that site, connector wise, that will connect to the pins on the controller?

2. Do I need a 10k resistor for both buttons, or can I use one for both?

Thanks!

--Daniel L

The header is in the store. With small orders the shipping is calculated to high so make sure to put in a comment to send via USPS. (we usually do that anyway and adjust the shipping cost but the comment helps remind folks who may be running on auto pilot before enough coffee hits them)...

Look at the bottom of the accessories page.

Dan

kingsislandtechservices wrote:

if you look at the picture it has resistors on the side it may or may not be for the inputs

yeah that's what I was wondering

it does have 4 resistors on it

I'm wondering

Yes the header does have the resistors on it. With the header you would just connect the switch directly (via two wires of course) to the connector.

Bowshock wrote:

So with the PC controller we have 3 buttons per controller or 3 buttons per network?

With the PC controller you have 2 buttons per controller, there are 3 inputs for controllers with unit ID switches such as the CTB16D. We will have an 8 input header for the CTB16s (both the PC and D) next year.

The network can have multiple controllers with input on them.