Light-O-Rama Forums

Other users in Hawaii?

stanward

csimmon5 wrote:

I am on Oahu. I am new to all this to and it is a little overwhelming, but I got the bug.

Okay, so you're the other guy on Oahu with sequenced lights. I heard there were two of you on there, the other guy is in Kapolei, Hanapa'a street using Animated Lighting controllers.

How is your display going? What part of Ewa Beach are you at?

Stan

I think it is another guy, not me. I am in Ocean Pointe. I am small time right now. There is a guy down the street with a sequenced display. He has a mega tree, strobes, fm transmitter, the works. I haven't got my light o rama yet. I am planning on getting one within the week. Right now I have the Gemmy light controller with sound. It is ok, but I want bigger and to be able to program the sequences myself. Here is a link to my show this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_RsZLKLD48 . It won me 2nd place in the housing community light contest (townhouse division). How is your show this year? How many channels you have?

Hi,

Several hours after I replied to your message on this forum, my high school classmate (Waiakea '93) emailed me to tell me that his parents saw the article in the local newspaper on the Big Island. He has 96 channels and a 20' mega tree. That must be the guy. His name is Miles.

I only have 16 channels and about 4200 lights (very small setup). But with the front page article in the local newspaper here, I get at least 50 cars passing by each night. Tonight might be worse. I am so embarassed, I almost feel like a prisoner in my own home.

I'll go check out your video right now.

Stan

Is the Gemmy controller sold at Sears? I thought I remembered seeing that at Sears last year or the year before?

csimmon5 wrote:

I tried my link and it didn't work. Did it work for you? Here it is again, and hopefully it works

Probably....I saw it in a couple of places. I got mine from wal-mart for $45. It is ok for a first timer like i was, but you can't program your own stuff. It just goes with the beat of the music. That is why i am looking to buy a light-o-rama for next year. Looking at getting 32 channels.