Light-O-Rama Forums

Easiest and fastest way to fire things up?

LENNY RUEL

Ok gang, time is getting to be a premium. Didn't realize it takes as long as it does to set lights up for one song even with one 16 channel contoller. Here is what I have going on and planned to do. I have 45 songs ripped to MP3 at 192Kpb's in the music file for my controller. I have one 16 channel controller ( I plan to add yearly) I also just upgraded last weekend to S2 figuring it would save some time using beat wizard to set it up rather than tapper wizard. Neat option but in working on Wizard in Winter still is going to take some time to set up lights. My plan was to set up every fourth song to lights and have three in between just play music over the system (might throw on one or two channels each song for some variation on these) So we would have had 11 songs set up to the lights with 3 in between each one of those. At this point because of time, this weekend we are looking at downloading some sequences from the LORsequences site per some earlier suggestions from you. First, not all will be 16 channel downloads so how do we need to configure for a 16 channel contoller? Second, If I still want one song to play to the lights then throw in a few songs where just the music will play before the next one plays to the lights what is the way to set this up? How hard to toss on a channel or two of lights also for these if I wanted to? I bought one of the Gold edition FM transmitters, by the sound of it I need to get a better one? My computer is in the basement and I'm running the line up stairs to the transmitter so it isn't down there. I have a basic city lot 80' wide and 120' deep and the transmitter will end up about 80' off the road with being in a back bedroom. As always thanks up front for the help. Hopefully we can get the system fired up this weekend.

Lenny

Appleton, Wi

...we are looking at downloading some sequences from the LORsequences site per some earlier suggestions from you. First, not all will be 16 channel downloads so how do we need to configure for a 16 channel contoller?

Just open them on your machine and copy/paste the events you want from the downloaded sequence into a blank one loaded with your config. You may end up throwing some events out and consolidating others (e.g. a spinning mega tree may become just two windows in your display and still look cool).

Second, If I still want one song to play to the lights then throw in a few songs where just the music will play before the next one plays to the lights what is the way to set this up? How hard to toss on a channel or two of lights also for these if I wanted to?

Just make a new musical sequence and load up your channel configuration, but don't put any events in. You can add them later. Or make a "static" look by turning everything on 50%...

I bought one of the Gold edition FM transmitters, by the sound of it I need to get a better one? ... the transmitter will end up about 80' off the road with being in a back bedroom.

You really won't know until you try it. Push some songs out and go sit in your car out front.

Cheers.

If some of them I'm going to download are alrerady set up for 16 channels can I actually edit the downloaded version or will I have to do the cut and paste to my own configuration screen?

Lenny

Lenny, yes you can edit and modify a downloaded sequence. It's my first year too, I did a lot of this to get started. Remember you can also move channels up and down to match your channel configuration. It was easier to work with a larger # of channels and delete what didn't work than get a 16 channel sequence with 4 blank channels and have to build them up. Good Luck.

Bill D.