Light-O-Rama Forums

ON THE ARCHS

Jeff 1S.A.H.D.

Was wondering on a 10' PVC broken down to 7 pieces ( 7 channels)
how many lights do u all put per a channel (piece) and
how does a 5 channel arch look If anyone has done one yet?

Jeff

Jeff 1S.A.H.D. wrote:

Was wondering on a 10' PVC broken down to 7 pieces ( 7 channels)
how many lights do u all put per a channel (piece) and
how does a 5 channel arch look If anyone has done one yet?
Jeff

My arches are 5 channel. I posted this somewhere else on the forum about the pros and cons of channel size. If I find the link, I will come back and place it in this post.

Ok, here is the link... see my November 30, 2008 posting.
http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17342&forum_id=79&jump_to=163786#p163786

My 7 channel 10' arches use 100 lamp strings for each channel. I saw a post were someone used 200 per section. Not sure how you would get all the lights on a 10' section.

I used 10' pcs of 3/4". I have 100 lights per channel with 7 channels per arch. It worked out pretty well for me. I actually only covered about 8 ' of the conduit, but I wrapped them pretty neatly and pretty tight. I like the look of 7 channels on these arches. They are fairly small, but are the right scale for my house. Richard Holdman uses 9 channels per arch, and I believe he uses 200 lights per channel. His arches are considerably larger than mine. I think he uses 2 - 10' pieces. He may cut some off of the end and make them 16' or 18' long. But again, they are the right scale for his house and his display. There are many ways to do it. However you do it, the look of the arches is awesome and no one without computer control can really do this. It's something your neighbors will never do without LOR.

another ? on arches COLOR

I'm switching to red, greed and white. next year
so will have about 75 sets of color 100 multicolored mini's left over.
will color lights work for the arches, on youtube they are all white

thanks again for the help guys

Jeff

Colors will work just fine. The only problem with 3 colors on an arch is the amount of lights you're wrapping and the amount of channels you're using. 3 colors, 7 channels per color per arch, 4 arches, thats .... where's my calculator.......that's 84 channels for 4 arches with 3 colors. That's 5-1/4 controllers just for arches! I guess it depends on how deep your pockets are!