Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB-08, MC-TB04, MC-TB08 What are they?

Guest guest

Can you tell me what these other boards are for or used for that are offered by LOR. I have read the descriptions on the LOR site, but still have no idea what they are for or when you would use them.

CTB-08 Series Controlled Triac Board, MC-TB04H Modular Controller, MC-TB08 Modular Controller.

Just curious, as I have not seen anyone mention any of these in the chatroom.

circus4u wrote:

Can you tell me what these other boards are for or used for that are offered by LOR. I have read the descriptions on the LOR site, but still have no idea what they are for or when you would use them.

CTB-08 Series Controlled Triac Board, MC-TB04H Modular Controller, MC-TB08 Modular Controller.

Just curious, as I have not seen anyone mention any of these in the chatroom.

The Ctb-08 is just an 8 channel controller, which can control up to two servos.

The MC-TB04H Modular Controller is a board for higher amps. I can pull 10 amps per channel and that is with all four channels pulling 10 amps at the same time. Just make sure you power cord can handle 40 amps. The MC-TB04H requires the MC-PD Modular Controller Processor to run it.

The MC-TB08 is is a low amp board that requires the MC-PD Modular Controller Processor to run it. The MC-PD Modular Controller Processor can run 4 of the MC-TB04H boards. This would give you the ability to pull a total of 120 amps from 16 channels.

Do they work differently than the CTB16? I don't see them discussed on the Support page of the LOR site. Seems like it might be a less expensive alternative to buying several of the CTB16 type controllers if they do the same thing. Sorry about all the questions, just trying to figure out the advantages/disadvantages (if there are any) of one system over the other.

Denny