Light-O-Rama Forums

Program stop working in the middle of the song

jvcamp

I had this issue last year and was hoping that the new software would of resolved it. Everything work like it supposed to and then the program hanges. It requires rebot the computer to get everything working again. I have down load and installed the latest software, driver, and firmware. It completly disheating to think the show is running to come to fing out the software has freezed up. If anybody can help please let me know and a big thanks.

thanks Jeff

More detail might help

When it "hangs" what is the status of the led on the controller?

i would think it could hang if the communications are lost in the middle of the show.

Only guess without more detail.

I have 2.0.16 and not have any issues with hangups.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

More detail might help

When it "hangs" what is the status of the led on the controller?

i would think it could hang if the communications are lost in the middle of the show.

Only guess without more detail.

I have 2.0.16 and not have any issues with hangups.

Chuck

Check your audio file, might want to import it into Audacity and export it back into a new file, then open your sequence and point the Media file to the new exported audio file. Save it out as a new sequence and see if the new sequence hangs up.

This way your original sequence is not touched and can be evaluated later.

When the program freezes up or hangs try unplugging the USB cable out of the port then plug it back in. If that frees up the computer you may have an issue with interference or noise coming back through the USB cable and hanging up the computer.

I was fighting the same issue until I did a ton of searching and found out what potentially was happening with the noise back feeding into the computer and causing the driver to hang.

I moved some electronic equipment that was next to the cable away and unplugged things that were on the same circuit in the garage, (my transmitter was practically laying on the cable) and that made a big difference. Also check to make sure your Holiday Lights Designer icon isn't clicked on in your control panel (the little blue light bulb at the bottom right of your screen).

The last thing I did was order the filtered USB cable from LOR designed to suppress lots of noise that may come back on the cable. I just installed that Friday and have had zero problems since then.

Here is a thread talking about the problem you may have http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum71/15518.html

If this is the issue your having the cable alone should fix it but it never hurts to check the layout of everything else.

If you do or don't think it's the cable check this out too http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum72/17757.html

Good luck,

Mark

Mark h2o wrote:

When the program freezes up or hangs try unplugging the USB cable out of the port then plug it back in. If that frees up the computer you may have an issue with interference or noise coming back through the USB cable and hanging up the computer.

I moved some electronic equipment that was next to the cable away and unplugged things that were on the same circuit in the garage, (my transmitter was practically laying on the cable) and that made a big difference. Also check to make sure your Holiday Lights Designer icon isn't clicked on in your control panel (the little blue light bulb at the bottom right of your screen).

The last thing I did was order the filtered USB cable from LOR designed to suppress lots of noise that may come back on the cable. I just installed that Friday and have had zero problems since then.

The above is great info.
I am currently having this problem and Dan told me the filtrerd USB cable should solve my problem. Unplugging my USB cable, plugging it back in, disabling show and the re-enabling show would fire my show back up (even though it appeared that my whole PC was frozen up). Hope this helps.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...