Light-O-Rama Forums

2 Audio and Sequence folders

rick gorman

I have upgraded my computer from ver 1.4 through 1.6 to 2.0.16. I find I have 2 light o rama folders each one having a subfolder for audio and sequences. One is in my documents and the other is in program files. Which one does 2.0.16 primarily use and can I delete the other 2 audio and sequence folders. It gets confusing when some files save to one and others to the other. Any input would be appreciated.

By defualt, it saves them in the program files/light-o-rama folder unless you change them when you first run sequencer. If changed, it will created, but not delete the old folders. Hope this helps.

The program should never arbitrarily save to your other location unless it was opened from there. Version 2 uses the sequences and audio directories located under ..My DocuementLight-O-Rama by default. You can change this location by running the lorpost.exe program which is located in the C:Program FilesLight-O-Rama directory.
I would copy all of the files from the old locations to the My Documents.. location and then rename the old directories. Then make sure the moved files open and run correctly. You will need to re-link the audio file for musical sequences under the Edit, Media File men selection. Once you have verfied everything looks good, you can then delete the old directories if needed.

Mark

Previously LOR used stored sequences in the Program files/lightorama folder. Along came Vista that did not like that. So lightorama changed the default location to be my documents/lightorama. With out you taking action to change it 2.0.16 created the lightorama folder in the my documents folder. This should be your default for 2.0.16.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

Previously LOR used stored sequences in the Program files/lightorama folder. Along came Vista that did not like that. So lightorama changed the default location to be my documents/lightorama. With out you taking action to change it 2.0.16 created the lightorama folder in the my documents folder. This should be your default for 2.0.16.

Chuck

Weird, I mine never created one there. Sorry for the miss info.