Light-O-Rama Forums

Need help setting up a static show with a loop

Leah C

Hi all, I am new to the LOR this year and am in the middle of programming my first song. However, I want to see the lights when I'm not programming. I have made a separate 20 second animation w/o music with the lights that I want turned on. I have scheduled it to play every day from 4 to 10 and it did turn on for the 20 seconds that it was programmed for. How do I make it loop continuously? I've tried using the simple show builder and it doesn't show me any files. So then I used the show editor and I put it in the show tab and that didn't do anything either. I don't know how to make it loop. Help?

Are you using S2 or LOR I?

The easiest way is to make a 1 min animation. Then set it to loop 59 times because it doesn't count the first min. So with the intital 1 min animation with it looped 59 times will created a 1 hour animation. Then just load it for each hour you want it to run.

If you are using S2 after you have created the 1 min animation with the lights you want on. Then go to edit > Turn on Loops. This will add a white row above your first channel named loop 1. Click on the first box, then go back to edit > select > row. Once the entire row is selected right click on the first box and select insert loop. It will then ask you how many times you want it to loop. Enter 59 for the value and hit ok twice. You have now created a 1 hr looped animation. Then save it has something like static.las.

Go to your show editor and add that static.las under the animation tab. Then save it as something like static show.lss. Open your schedule editor and load that show for each hour you want it to run. I.E.

4-4:59 static show.lss
5-5:59 static show.lss
6-6:59 static show.lss

and so on etc....

Simplist way and the way I do this.

Place your animation sequence under the musical tab in the show builder.

Save and name this as the show.

In the schedule editor, then select the time and set your start and end time for the day. Select the show file. Then save.

Launch the control panel and enable shows. When your start time comes it will start playing and will play repeatedly till the end time.

Chuck