Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing Net2 behavior on the G4-MP3

TallDude

Hiya folks,

I haven't touched LoR for 10 months. Updated my software to the most recent release, and am unable to figure out how to change the behavior of the Net2 Plug. I had it previously set to mirror Net1, but need it to act normally. I can NOT remember how to change that, and I thought it was through the Hardware Utility, but with the newest software suite it seems that program no longer exists.

Any pointers?

In the newest version the Hardware Utility is built into the Control Panel.

When you are creating the SD card, you'll have the ability to define which networks are assigned to with 'Net' port. You would need to have them configured in the sequence, but when making the SD card, it will be there.

So it is done through the SD card, and not the controller itself? Good to know!
I have Net 1 as Regular ELOR 57.6K, and Net 2 as Regular ELOR 57.6K, with Net2 going to a Pixie4 controller. I am still getting the same behavior on both network ports though, which is not the correct behavior (Net 2 is supposed to be only for the Pixie4 and the Net1 stuff is going to a CTB16PC. The Pixie4 is a new addition, and I have (as best as I can tell) set it up as described, and not getting good behavior.

The first thing you need to do is up the speed on Net 2 as the Pixie4 needs 500K speed. Second, depending on the CTB16 version you may need to drop ELOR from Net 1.

You can check out speeds here:

https://store.lightorama.com/pages/how-many-lights-can-i-connect?_pos=1&_sid=9f8705862&_ss=r

Edited by Mr. P

After doing some digging, it turns out our sequences from LoR are older ones, so don't actually work with this device without our own mods or purchasing the newer sequences. Thanks for the general info though!

3 hours ago, TallDude said:

After doing some digging, it turns out our sequences from LoR are older ones, so don't actually work with this device

LOR sequences from ages ago will still work with the latest software.  Obviously you will need to add RGB sequencing for your Pixie controller, but the existing sequencing will work with your existing controllers.