Light-O-Rama Forums

Exactly How To Wire An Easy Light Linker

smlwrldguy

Mayne it's obvious and I'm just missing it, but the manual for the Easy Light Linkers does not appear to have a good (exact) explanation about wiring the units to a PC and/or controller.

The photos and (very limited) descriptions in the manual make reference to the two wires. The photos show one being red, and the other green.

It talks about wire length limitations, and the specific connector to use when connected to a PC.

But since there are two wires, and I would assume you only need one wire to connect to any device, the second wire is  mystery to me.

I get that controllers have two connection points, but that makes sense, as they are daisy-chained. But the ELLs aren't.

If anyone can give me a more detailed explanation, I would appreciate it.

They Can Be used with a regular chain of (dumb) controllers, Which is why there are 2 Jax.

FWIW the old LOR store site showed more ways things could be chained. The ELL (master end) does not have to be connected to the PC.

In fact, that way makes it HARDER because the ELL needs 9-12VDC that a AC or Dumb RGB controller can supply (must use less than 25' of CAT5). When controller power is not available, a 12VDC wall wort is needed. 

ELL can not be used on ELOR or at Pixel needed speed network.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2024 at 7:56 AM, smlwrldguy said:

I get that controllers have two connection points, but that makes sense, as they are daisy-chained. But the ELLs aren't.

Yes, they can be. In our display, there is an ELL across the street that connects to controllers at 2 different houses. The ELL is in between the controllers so it has 2 cables connected to it.