Light-O-Rama Forums

PixieLink Question

Box on Rails

I am finally going to get a PixieLink. Right now I have 7 Highspeed Networks in my show each network runs about 2500 pixels. I have a couple of  duplicate unit ID numbers in my show on different networks. Network B uses units 30 thru 4F a total of 25 ports, Network E uses the same Unit IDs. Both networks run a 50x50 Matrix. Don't ask my why I have duplicate Unit IDs. It just worked out that way. lol. In the description on the LOR store it states.

When a port on the PixieLink adapter is configured as an Enhanced LOR network, the adapter will pick up to 32 universes out of the Ethernet traffic. The intensities associated with a universe will be converted into Enhanced LOR commands and the first universe in the list will be sent to LOR unit ID 01, the second universe in the list to unit ID 02, … the 32nd universe in the list to unit ID 20 (unit IDs are base 16).

Does this mean that if the second port on the PixieLink is also configured for an Enhanced LOR network,  will  this second port start at unit ID 21 or does the second port start over at Unit ID 01 for that network? 

Each PixieLink Port Supports 32 Unit ID's, Each PixieLink Port will support only Unit ID's 1-32...

So you will have 6 PixieLink Ports with each PixieLink Port only supporting Unit ID's 1-32

If using Pixie16's - Each Pixielink Port will have a Unit ID 01 and Unit ID 11

Edited by Jimehc
  • Like 1