Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue adding DMX USB Network adapter

pfulda

Hello all,

I am having difficulty adding a DMX network with an Enttec Open USB DMX device.  I am running LOR v6.2.18 on Windows 11.  When I add a new DMX network, in the adapter drop down, nothing is showing up to select.  I have the correct driver because I also downloaded QLC+ to make sure the USB serial is working properly and it does.  I can control my LED strips with no issues in QLC+.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the FTDI driver many times to no avail.  One other note, if I click on the Configure LOR controllers, update firmware button on the Controller Setup tab, it see my USB serial port (com5).  The Network Log just says "Open DMX failed to initialize.  Device open failed".   I bought this software a few days ago to get better functionality and this is bumming me out.  Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Can you see it in Device manager/Ports. It should appear and disappear  when you plug or unplug it. Perhaps it is defective.

Hey Phil, yes it appears and disappears in the device manager when I plug and unplug it.  So it works in QLC+ which makes me think it is not defective.

You are running PRO license?

Long shot. Reboot PC, Reinstall LOR software.

I have two Entec Pro adaptors connected on 6.2.18, so they do work. Both show up with an ENxxxxx ID 

Try a help ticket to LOR.

Yesterday evening I tried what you suggested and even reinstalled older versions of LOR just to see if the newest version had a bug in it.  Even tried with version 5.x.x  Rebooted several times.  I appreciate you trying to help me. 

One more thought. Did you use the LOR USB drivers listed here.

https://store.lightorama.com/pages/controller-firmware-updates

Bottom of page. It is possible Windows used its own version. You might need to use FTDclean to remove any leftovers. 

https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Knowledgebase/index.html?ftcleanutility.htm

Install drivers with the adaptor unplugged

I used the FTDI drivers from their web site that Enttec suggested.  Should I be using the LOR USB driver you mention?

6 minutes ago, pfulda said:

I used the FTDI drivers from their web site that Enttec suggested.  Should I be using the LOR USB driver you mention?

Yes.

• Like 1

I already had the LOR drivers installed when I plugged in my Entecs. Showed right up.

If you plugged in the adaptor before you installed the drivers, Windows may have loaded its own and they don't work.

No luck.  QLC+ runs perfectly fine just LOR not finding the device for some reason.  Baffling.   I opened a ticket with them.  We'll see what they say.