Light-O-Rama Forums

White LED Brightness

Yodlei

All LEDs & 5.6.8 Pro.

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but read all the threads I could find on the above & a couple of people mentioned white being too bright as well. Have 3 white props that are too bright & don't video without blurring, 2 bunnies & an egg sign (same problem with Skull at Halloween). I changed the Linear Curve for them in the Preview down to 50% & thought maybe could see a difference but still too bright. Dropped all 3 down to the lowest (30%) & now see a difference with 1 bunny but the other 2 props didn't seem to change. All 3 are using leds from same company; Holiday Light Express. BUT, the bunny that did dim is on 1 controller & the other 2 are on a different controller. Not sure if that matters but seems weird. Any guesses? Thanks in advance. Joni

My personal preference is to dim pixels in the controller rather than the software (although I was massively using pixels long before LOR had pixel dimming curves in the software - so maybe I'm biased).

With that said, you generally have to dim pixels A LOT before it's overly noticable.  I am currently running my pixel tree at 30% and you can hardly tell that it's dimmer - but the power consumption is a lot less.

I set all pixels at 30% intensity for all props

37 minutes ago, Yodlei said:

All led....no pixels.

You can set a Max brightness on a CTB16 using HU