Light-O-Rama Forums

Electrical diagram of LED ice cubes in parallel with LED 2811

Pioerpaolo

Hello guys, first of all greetings from Italy to all of you. I think many of you are already planning for Christmas 2024, I'm already doing it, so I find myself with a technical question to ask you. I would like to make icicle-like strings with 2811 LEDs. I know, but I don't know if it's right, that the position of the LED is identified by the chip in the bulb and therefore the numbering to classify the ignition should be in "series". I have seen that there are already packaged chains around, which seem to be in "parallel", obviously without seeing the electrical diagram. Is this possible, handcrafted??? I'll explain. To do them in series there would be no problems, except that for each icicle, the last LED at the bottom would have to bring the cable back to the first LED at the top of the next icicle. While if it were possible to somehow put them in parallel, then it would be enough to pull straight with the power + data cable and insert the popsicle if necessary, so it would be simpler. PS. the packaged ones don't suit me, because, in my display I have horizontal distances and height of the icicles which is quite a pandemonium, I will have to make them as I install it. Can you give me some info??? thank you all.

Smart Pixels are daisy chained. Their position on the chain is their ID

Each has a Data IN and a Data Out (if you can see the circuit board, it may have DI and DO printed.

You could parallel all the Gnd (-), and all the 12V (or 5V) at the TOP and only use a single conductor from the DO on the bottom, to the Next icicle TOPs DI

I understand, so I'm just bringing the data cable back