Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm Upgrading to S6 and I have a Couple Questions.

rknoblauch

I’m taking the plunge and upgrading from S4 to S6 and have some questions to hopefully help ease the transition. I am prepping/cleaning up my Visualizer before I import it to S6 and have questions about my RGB arches, and my background sequence.

1.      Do the S6 Preview editor prop names need to match the names in the sequence when converting them, specifically for RGB devices? In my visualizer, the arches are named Arch A, Arch B thru D. However, in the sequences it is Arch A&B, channels 2As s1 p1 – s1 p16 and Arch C&D, channels 2B s1 p1 – s1 p16. Will this be an issue?

The online tutorial video for converting sequences to S6 states you are given options to match items to props in the preview but not sure that’s the best solution in this case. I’d like to work this out before importing my visualizer into the Preview editor.

*The 4 arches are run by 1 Pixie 2, configured as 2 units, 2A and 2B, 1-50 bullet pixel string per unit, set at resolution 16. Each arch is 8 sections of 3 pixels per section.

2.      I run an animation sequence in the background during my shows that controls my digital sign and motors which is not in my visualizer. These are constant on AC channels that I don’t want to turn off between sequence or shows. Is there a way to add this in S6 without adding it to the preview editor?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

I'm not awake enough to process your arches question, but the background sequences question is easy.  You will have a separate preview that ONLY has the channels for the background devices, and those channels WILL NOT be included in the "normal" preview.  I do this every night in my year round landscape lighting.

Thanks Jim. I didn't realize you could have a separate previews. My apologies if my first question is confusing. 

1 hour ago, rknoblauch said:

2.      I run an animation sequence in the background during my shows that controls my digital sign and motors which is not in my visualizer. These are constant on AC channels that I don’t want to turn off between sequence or shows. Is there a way to add this in S6 without adding it to the preview editor?

You will need to create a preview, but since it’s a background animation, it can be a separate preview. So you don’t need them in your main preview used for the main sequences.

Basically avoid any channel overlap between the two previews.

1 hour ago, rknoblauch said:

1.      Do the S6 Preview editor prop names need to match the names in the sequence when converting them, specifically for RGB devices? In my visualizer, the arches are named Arch A, Arch B thru D. However, in the sequences it is Arch A&B, channels 2As s1 p1 – s1 p16 and Arch C&D, channels 2B s1 p1 – s1 p16. Will this be an issue?

The online tutorial video for converting sequences to S6 states you are given options to match items to props in the preview but not sure that’s the best solution in this case. I’d like to work this out before importing my visualizer into the Preview editor.

*The 4 arches are run by 1 Pixie 2, configured as 2 units, 2A and 2B, 1-50 bullet pixel string per unit, set at resolution 16. Each arch is 8 sections of 3 pixels per section.

The names don’t need to match, it just helps.

You can also choose to bring over the old sequencing as an “archived prop” rather than trying to match it right away. This lets you easily see the sequencing done on the archived prop and copy/paste what you want to the new prop from your preview.

I can’t recall how individual channel sequencing for RGB props get matched, you can always try it out multiple times with different methods since a new sequence file is created in the process, so you don’t need to worry about loosing your old sequence file.