Light-O-Rama Forums

Moveable Head Lights with S6 software

nyemaster

I'd be interested knowing if anyone has tackled the task of using the new S6 software to program multiple moveable heads. 

I am new to moveable heads using either the ENTTEC or iDMX-1000 devices. If anyone has completed sequences and would like to share their work, I for one would be thankful.

I am playing around with some old Glenn Miller Orchestra songs with the 4 small 200W moveable heads I have. Later I would like to build them into Christmas displays.

Anyway, if there is anyone who would like to share work. Please all means.

V/R

Dave

8 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Sent you a PM.

Is there anything you want to share with the rest of the class?

There's a lot to cover. I'll be happy to address specifics if you wish.

Good morning Phil,

It would be awesome if you or LOR can put together a tutorial for s6, for anyone that wants to use moving heads in shows now or in the future.

Seems like this is a secret/not supportive type topic with LOR Or only for the super dmx geeks lol.

Yes, I know the forum search function and have read almost every topic surrounding moving heads, but 1 factual detailed topic, for plug n play type dummies like me, type coverage would be fantastic.

With the xmas show industry growing exponentially it would be nice to see how everyone is programming these into their shows.

I know moving heads are growing in the show communities, and something to reference for us non-dmx dummies to refer back to would help all of us xmas light nuts. Maybe like a basic sequence for moving heads in s6 would be a nice start with a short tutorial pdf or video to share for all, and if you are able maybe pin it to this forum as well.

It would be even more impressive if there was a sequence add on purchase package option for moving heads to current LOR sequences that LOR sells with their RGB sequences, again for plug n play type customers like me.

Just my thoughts....

Edited by Wmcleverly
Added a couple sentences and typo fixes

This is a LOR document  on setting up Moving heads, so hardly a secret. Should get you started. But, it does take a little time to learn and the sequencing is time consuming. There are too many variables to have a one size fits all sequence, not least being the different channel configurations of the fixtures themselves.

https://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/MovingHeadLights-S5.pdf

• Thanks 1

Hey Phil,

Firstly, I appreciate your responses. Thank you very much.

I saw that doc and also have it. Thank you though for posting as some may not have known, but I know that was also based on s5 not s6, not sure what changes may exist between the 2 softwares. That also was made 4 years ago, maybe an updated version?

What if LOR team or anyone put together their best recommendations on moving heads and based their add-on sequences off of that, or a third party do those add on sequences for them and sell them that way? Again for lack of tech knowledge plug n play guys like myself, there are tons of us out there that don't speak up and settle for only what's for sale in LoR store.

Using let's say dominar x, or I beam or lempa models and even sell them through their website to help transition plug n play folks? That way the channel assignments would be the same using 1 manufacturer and a couple models they sell?

I know there are many options for moving heads, just as props and controllers. I just like that there is pre purchasable sequences adding in moving heads on xlights, but I'm a loyal LOR fan and don't want to transition away from LOR just to make the plug and play easier for me.....

Edited by Wmcleverly
Spell check.

34 minutes ago, Wmcleverly said:

I saw that doc and also have it. Thank you though for posting as some may not have known, but I know that was also based on s5 not s6, not sure what changes may exist between the 2 softwares.

The setup and programming are identical in S5 and S6. The main difference is in the new Control Panel and Show Player improvements plus additional Motion Effects.