Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR or Xlights Next step.

MetalMatrix

Well after 10 years using the AC LOR controller I have decided to have some of my light switch to RGB pixels while keeping most of the house out line traditionally LED's AC. I h ad stayed with S4 for most of my sequencing but now with me moving to RGB with AC I am wonder if which would be better to move up to the sequencing LOR S6 or Xlights.

Just to add so information to my plan update here is some information. I do have 1 Pixie 16 that I purchased a while back that I have not used yet. I wanted to do a Mega Tree but was trying to figure a location on my property until things got into the way. As my update plan is to have a few metrix and outlines on my windows to replace the LEDs I had on the post and windows. I have yet to decide on which controllers to use for the New Pixels as I am trying to figure out which ones would work with my current LOR controllers. 

Thanks for the FeedBack.

1 hour ago, MetalMatrix said:

I have yet to decide on which controllers to use for the New Pixels as I am trying to figure out which ones would work with my current LOR controllers. 

Most controllers are E131 capable and both software packages can output it. Same with ArtNet.

Otherwise I agree with what Don said, try out both and pick the one that works best for you. Both have their pros/cons and I have seen both put on great shows.