Light-O-Rama Forums

Move effects up or down

ebrown1972

What is the purpose of the effects up and down buttons? It appears there are 40 rows in Superstar. I can easily move effects to a different row with these buttons. Other than being able to see the effects more easily by moving them to a different row, what is the purpose of moving the effects up or down? Thanks,

Eric

The primary purpose indeed, is merely to see the effects more easily.

The other purpose is if the "layer priority" feature is enabled, then effects at a higher level will appear "in front of" effects at a lower level if the effects are addressing the same pixels.

To enable or disable the "layer priority" feature click on the Tools menu and select "Preferences"

• Like 1

Organization for one.  I find it MUCH easier to keep track of what is what.  Now remember that I am sequencing the entire sequence as a single "Insert SuperStar Effects", so every prop is there (except my P5 and P10 matrix).  I also make extensive use of groups.  Layers 34 - 40 are groups for various props.  Except for the Pixel tree, everything else is in a group:  Layer 34 is the Pixel star, Layer 35 are the arches, Layer 36 are the eves and roofline, Layer 37 are the candy canes, Layer 38 are the Roses, steps, and tree rings, Layer 39 is the planter, and layer 40 are the lower eves (when static), perimeter string, and brick columns.  Even within the groups, certain things are always on a certain layers.

Brian beat me to the layer priority part...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

The other purpose is if the "layer priority" feature is enabled, then effects at a higher level will appear "in front of" effects at a lower level if the effects are addressing the same pixels.

To enable or disable the "layer priority" feature click on the Tools menu and select "Preferences"

I was hoping there was a setting for that. I will enable it. Thanks

On 1/13/2024 at 12:37 PM, BrianBruderer said:

I use the move effects up and down for both easy viewing and for the layer priority feature.  I also always use multiple windows when sequencing.  The problem I run into with the effects is that they are often hard to select because I've shrunk them down to a very small size or I have to take the time to scroll through them.  When using multiple windows there is a lot of unused space below the effects.  Is there any way to expand the effects down into this area?

SuperStarWindows.thumb.PNG.311025ad7f3f7059d4db729e62dd9b33.PNG

16 minutes ago, Matthew Hagene said:

When using multiple windows there is a lot of unused space below the effects.  Is there any way to expand the effects down into this area?

That would be nice! I have four monitors on my primary sequencing computer...