Light-O-Rama Forums

I am not sure if this can be done

ebrown1972

Ok everyone. I am wondering if this is even possible in Superstar. I have an image drawn of mr. potato head like character for my matrix. This will be a talking character. I have already drawn all of the mouth movements and have sequenced it as a singing face. As you all know, Mr. potato head's ears, nose, mouth and such can come off of him. What I would like to do as he is talking is, have his nose or ears or lips or something to fall off. What would be the best way to achieve this? I have sequenced some singing characters with Superstar and drew the Mr. potato head character but how would I perform an image action where parts of his face would fall off? Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, Eric

I laughed as I read your question! This is very creative!

The way I would do it is to have all of your Potato head talking images not have the parts that you plan to have fall off. In other words, if the ears are going to fall off, then don't have them be a part of the talking images.

Then you can do an image action manually of the ears staying in one place. Stop that image action when it is to fall off. Start another image action with a start position on the Potato head and an ending position at the bottom, or you could have it go off of the bottom of the screen.

If you need further explanation let me know. 

7 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

The way I would do it is to have all of your Potato head talking images not have the parts that you plan to have fall off. In other words, if the ears are going to fall off, then don't have them be a part of the talking images.

Then you can do an image action manually of the ears staying in one place. Stop that image action when it is to fall off. Start another image action with a start position on the Potato head and an ending position at the bottom, or you could have it go off of the bottom of the screen.

I believe I know what you are talking about. I will give that a shot Brian. Thanks very much.

23 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

Brian, can you elaborate on this a little more? I've tried what i believe you were saying to do but I'm not quite getting it. Thank you,

Eric

It might be easiest if I remote into your computer and show you. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a day and time.

8 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

It might be easiest if I remote into your computer and show you. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a day and time.

Thank you. I will do that soon.