Light-O-Rama Forums

Very Frustrated with LOR

jfelix

Iam not sure what the problem is, but I am going crazy. I have been running my show since Friday and had a problem with 2 sequences. One will not play at all, a voiceover. The other sequence (WIW)would not respond to the media file. I finally got WIW working but not the voicover. So last night I added a new song (Rudolph)and it worked great. Late I added another song, today all problems. Rudolph starts, runs for about 15 seconds then the show moves to the next song, it is skipping voicovers that worked yesterday, and WIW is not working again. And now the show is set to play in order and it is going random. I am at a loss.

A little background info. I sequence in a Vista Computer nd run the show on an XP computer. I have checked my channels, deleted and reinput my sequnces, and now I am upgrading my Media Player to version 11 to see if that helps. Anyone know what to do. I am ready to pull the plug. I have 5 of 10 musical sequnces working, but did not have these issues last year.

Two things come to mind.

Make sure that you do not have any partially define channels in your sequences. By partially defined I mean. If you selected Light-o-rama controller, then you need a unit Id and channel. This had been found to cause problems.

Secondly, People have been reporting problems with files created on one OS and transferred to another OS. Not sure if this is really an issue or not.

Chuck

On the show machine, can you run all of the sequences okay in the Sequence Editor?

I do not know of any reason why a file created on one OS would not work on another OS but there can be problems when moving from one machine to another. The usual problem is that the audio files need to be re-associated with the Sequence Files so that they know where those audio files are on the new machine.

They all run fine in the sequnce editor except for WIW. I fot it runing, then it stopped running again. I saved al the media files to the sequnces. I will say this, everytime I insert a media file instead of opening in the audio section of LOR, it opens in the sequence section under a folder I created called 08 Show.

I have 3 computers networked, My OC, my Dell, and the basement PC. I sequence on my PC and run the show on the basement. What I have been doing is placing the sequences and songs from the LOR folder on my PC into the LOR folder on the basement PC's common folder. Then from there I move it to the LOR folder in the my documents on the basement PC. Maybe I should just use a USB drive.

Guest wbottomley

Dan, I agree.

I made sequences on my laptop and then moved them to a show computer and they work flawless.

I keep my sequences and audio folders stored in the program files of LOR.

Shoot... I've play a sequence off of my file server as long as the audio file is stored on the playing machine.

Joey, open up your sequences on the show machine, try playing them, then save them again.

I have done that a number of times William, still same problem. Right now it is just the 2 songs WIW and Rudolph. I am not sure why rudolph will stop then the show moves on, that is wierd don't you think? WIW has got to be a media file problem. i had it working for a day or two.

I have not been able to get a wav file to work, only mp3 versions. I must be doing somethign worng. Everytime I use a wav file I get a horrible noise. Will the wav files form LOR 1 work with S2 or will they need to be redone in audactiy?

The audio files are just that, audio files. They run through windows media player. It matters not which software (lor 1 or S2) is controlling them. As to why you are getting noise in the wav files, I don't know.

bob wrote:

What happens if you try to play one of those "noisy" wave files directly through Windows Media Player, rather than Light-O-Rama?

Not sure. i will have to try when I get home from work.

I finally got WIW to work again. It is only recognizing a media copy from the network, not the one in the LOR audio folder. Still working on Rudolph. I am going to try and insert the wav file. It worked on my sequencing PC but didn't have time to try it on the show PC.

I think my show OC is confused because of all the LOR stuff on my home Network.

I tried running a sequence from a flash drive (thumb drive) and it seemed to hesitate and sometimes fail. (sequence on the flash drive - audio file on the computer hard drive)
Are you trying to run the show from one computer but reference the audio files across the network located on another computer?
Like others have said, I would keep all sequence, audio, and schedule files on your show computer.
When the sequence is open in the Sequence Editor on your show computer, be sure the audio file is referenced correctly by going to Edit -> Media File and select the correct audio file then save the sequence.
See if that works.

I have WIW working across the network. it is using the meadia file form another computer. I am goin gto place this version in the correc tplace and see what happens. Hopefully that will work.

I still cannot explain why Rudolph starts and then stops and the show passes over it.

jfelix wrote:

I have WIW working across the network. it is using the meadia file form another computer. I am goin gto place this version in the correc tplace and see what happens. Hopefully that will work.

I still cannot explain why Rudolph starts and then stops and the show passes over it.

Remember after moving the audio files you must open each song and point it to the correct new audio file location. The audio file name location is part of the LMS files for each sequence.