Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - Build SuperStar AVI files as part of show Prep

Steven

When a new or updated .loredit file is copied to the show computer, and that sequence is in a show, the show player will "prepare" the show by creating a new playback file for that sequence.

However, if that sequence included a SuperStar effect, and the AVI file associated with that effect is not also copied along with the .loredit file, then that SuperStar effect will not be included in the show.

This feature request is to automatically invoke SuperStar to build the AVI file if it does not already exist.

Yes, I know I've asked this before, but there was no official answer and this seems to be the time to ask for new 2024 features.

My Issue with SuperStar AVI files is the Absolute Path used in the Sequence File (loredit)

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\SS_***.avi

The Sequence uses a Relative path for the Audio and Sequence Folders by default

%~dp0\Sequences\

%~dp0\Audio\

Where as when coping from one PC to another - if the Absolute Path does not match Exactly as the source PC - then the SS_**.avi file is not found...

So would be Better if the SS File was also using the Relative Path

%~dp0\Sequences\SS_***.avi

4 hours ago, Jimehc said:

My Issue with SuperStar AVI files is the Absolute Path used in the Sequence File (loredit)

Do you see the absolute path in the file itself? When I edited the loredit file with Notepad, I found that the "movieFile" value in the "superstar" tag is a simple filename with no path. I only saw the absolute path from the "File References" dialog.

Looks like it's somewhere in between.  It is relative to the Sequences directory.  Here's an example:

My LOR directory structure is L:\ (actually a mapped directory on my file server).  Under that is a directory for everything Christmas 2023, and then another directory for each song.  So this song is in L:\Sequences\Christmas 2023\Merry Christmas

When looking at the file references in Sequencer for this song, is shows:

L:\Sequences\Christmas 2022\Merry Christmas\SS_20210301120748_49c4c0ce3d0c40019f9b2b7651b57cfe.avi

But the way it is listed in the .loredit file is:

movieFile="Christmas%202022%5CMerry%20Christmas%5CSS_20210301120748_49c4c0ce3d0c40019f9b2b7651b57cfe.avi"

If you are not familiar with the hex representation, %20 is a space, and %5C is a \

By comparison, the audio file is listed this way in the .loredit file:

musicFilename="Audio\Merry Christmas clip - expanded.mp3"

Somewhat interesting that the movieFile uses the hex representation for the space and \, but the audio file does not.  So the audio file is relative to the LOR root, and the .avi is relative to the Sequences directory.