Light-O-Rama Forums

16x25 360 pixel tree into 2 8x25 180 trees - good idea or no?

dblack

I'm heading into my second year using LOR. For my first year, I started with an AC controller, RGB flood light package and a 16x25 pixel tree and star. Now, I'm trying to figure out what I want to add for next year and on a somewhat limited budget.

My wife and little boy want to add the LOR mini arch kit, so we'll probably for sure do that. I also really liked the 16x25 pixel tree and star (not ready to do a mega tree yet), so I'm considering adding another one of those.

Then it crossed my mind that maybe I could split the 2 16x25 360 trees into 4 8x25 180 trees, and just order 2 more stars. I still consider myself a newb, so just wondering if that could work and look ok or if that's a terrible idea? Should I stick to 2 16x25 360 trees?

Here's this year's setup: 

My idea for the 8x25 180 trees would be to spread out the 4 spiral trees a little bit, and put an 8x25 180 tree in between each of them, and then leave the 4th one where my current 16x25 360 tree is. Then the mini arches would go from about the driveway to right past where my "Tune to" sign is.

The 16x25 Kit comes with a Pixie8 - Yes you could do Four 8x25's with it - (2 Strings of 100 folded 3 times) but the fourth tree across the driveway would need 2 extension cables from that controller

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

The 16x25 Kit comes with a Pixie8 - Yes you could do Four 8x25's with it - (2 Strings of 100 folded 3 times) but the fourth tree across the driveway would need 2 extension cables from that controller

The 16x25 comes with strings of 50, so I was thinking it'd be 4 strings of 50 with one fold each? Basically the current 16x25 360 setup, but only the front half?