Light-O-Rama Forums

New Hanger For Gutters

Frozen Tundra

Good day All.

I'm not sure if anyone besides myself has had any issues with hanging you lights from your gutters. Over the summer I came up with an idea for hanging my large and small spotlights from my gutters. I used it this winter with completed success. It requires no tools to install. It just slips over your existing hidden hanger and over the gutter. I 3D printed the hangers for my small spots and had some prototypes made out of aluminum for my big spots. I drilled them both out and used ready rod to stop them from swaying in the wind. For an added bonus, if you want they can be painted to match the colour of you gutters and remain up all year to be used for hanging other lights,decorations or flower pots. I am also using them to hang my Christmas Flower Baskets and my yard security camera (I put it in an old lantern light) I can't post any pictures of them. But if you are curious send me your email and we can chat. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I can't post any pictures of them.

The total upload space per user on this forum is quite small.  Upload the photos to a website and post a link.  If you have a website you can use that of course, but if you don't something like Google Drive, DropBox, etc.  Just make sure to set them to be publicly available.  Don't use Facecrap.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I have never had a facecrap account and never will so I will stay in here.

26 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Except for the MANY people who will under no circumstances have anything to do with facecrap.

That makes 3 of us!  I closed my facecrap account several years ago.  And I refuse to ever return there again.

Gave 'em 2 chances, they'll never get a 3rd one!

I'm staying right here on the LOR Forums, and as far as I'm concerned, these forums are nowhere near being "obsolete".

What should be obsolete is that horrendous facecrap site!

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Good day All.

I'm not sure if anyone besides myself has had any issues with hanging you lights from your gutters. Over the summer I came up with an idea for hanging my large and small spotlights from my gutters. I used it this winter with completed success. It requires no tools to install. It just slips over your existing hidden hanger and over the gutter. I 3D printed the hangers for my small spots and had some prototypes made out of aluminum for my big spots. I drilled them both out and used ready rod to stop them from swaying in the wind. For an added bonus, if you want they can be painted to match the colour of you gutters and remain up all year to be used for hanging other lights,decorations or flower pots. I am also using them to hang my Christmas Flower Baskets and my yard security camera (I put it in an old lantern light) I can't post any pictures of them. But if you are curious send me your email and we can chat. Thanks.

I use canney systems style. However, I will send an email for a picture of these. Or you can just email my display name. 🤦‍♂️