Light-O-Rama Forums

Using wled controllers with LOR

Glennz

Has anyone done this? I bought one wled controller to test with and where I am stuck is that wled does not allow you to set universes per output port like a sandevice controller does. I can get universe 1 to work fine but can't figure out more then that. I know wled will work with xlights as it figures it all out all automatically. I have been using LOR for years and don't want to switch. Thanks for any help.

First of all, you need to better tell us what product you are talking about.  A link to what you bought would be ideal.

Well I figured it out and will share it here in case someone else searches for this in the future. In wled web interface set the exact amount of nodes you have attached to each output. In LOR set a props up the same way. You can have LOR automatically assign universes and channels or manually do this but use all the channels in a universe. Dont skip any. If the prop spans universes that's totally fine, wled will recognize this. It's almost like universes don't exist. You are just numbering 1.1-1.152 then 2.1-2.152. In wled you can set the starting universe when you add additional controllers. I hope this all makes sense